Auto Hold System Fault | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Hold System Fault

Searched the forum , couldn’t find a similar thread , but I know what the Auto Hold feature is and how to use it but does anybody get an error message when they first start their truck, I wish it would store a code this way it’s not back and forth at the dealer

View attachment 177521
I have gotten this many times, perhaps once every couple of weeks or so. It persists until I shut the truck down (usually either right away or at the first stoplight).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have gotten this many times, perhaps once every couple of weeks or so. It persists until I shut the truck down (usually either right away or at the first stoplight).
Yep, you need the ABS system update mentioned previously.

Had the same problem with the auto hold fault this morning. Remote start with the FOB, after entering the vehicle and pressing start the Auto Hold warning came on. The system will not work even with manually attempting to enable with the Auto Hold switch. the remedy is to shut down the car and restart using the start/stop button. Worked fine after that.

2020 Explorer Limited 4WD 24K miles

Had the same problem with the auto hold fault this morning. Remote start with the FOB, after entering the vehicle and pressing start the Auto Hold warning came on. The system will not work even with manually attempting to enable with the Auto Hold switch. the remedy is to shut down the car and restart using the start/stop button. Worked fine after that.

2020 Explorer Limited 4WD 24K miles
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It doesn't appear as though anyone has found a solution to this. I doubt the dealer would be able to find anything either unless a fault code was set. As stated before, it is one of the first features I disable as I find it a bit too intrusive and don't actually see a need for it.
Good luck.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It doesn't appear as though anyone has found a solution to this. I doubt the dealer would be able to find anything either unless a fault code was set. As stated before, it is one of the first features I disable as I find it a bit too intrusive and don't actually see a need for it.
Good luck.

Peter
The first feature that gets disabled is the Engine Start Stop. I wouldn’t call that a feature, more like an annoyance. So much so I installed an auto stop eliminator, so now the default is OFF on every start not ON.

Worth the $100 bucks.

Back