Auto Hold System Fault | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Hold System Fault

Welcome to the Forum Jmandrews03. :wave:
I don't know why you'd want to get a lawyer involved. Just check out your state's Lemon Law and see if you qualify. If you do, just contact Ford or your dealer to begin the process.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Jmandrews03. :wave:
I don't know why you'd want to get a lawyer involved. Just check out your state's Lemon Law and see if you qualify. If you do, just contact Ford or your dealer to begin the process.

Peter

I am not sure the process, my husband was the one who mentioned the lawyer. But good to know we don't need one!

Just did a Search on "buy back" and found these threads. Perhaps they might provide some insight.

Peter

I purchased my XLT last May due to my fusion (only 7 years old, needing a new engine due to a Ford issue. But I wont get into that.), we have been having multiple issues with the xlt. While the others were resolved I still continue to get the "Auto Hold System Fault ". It has been into the dealership several times now for it. One of the times I drove it straight there so they could see I wasn't making it up. They ran it on the computer and found multiple codes being thrown. The mechanic thought he took care of it by reprogramming the shifting console. Well it didn't fix it. This last time they kept it for a week and they said they reprogrammed the entire computer system and test drove it throughout the week to see if they could get it to come up. It never did. I just got it back last Friday and today (Tuesday) it came back up. I use my remote start every morning and after work depending on the temperature outside. I don't know if that has something to do with it but the dealership seems to be a bit stumped. Our next move is to either get advice from a lawyer to see if it qualifies for the lemon law or wait until we've paid enough of it off to trade it in for something other than a Ford. This is the 2nd vehicle in a row that we have not been happy with.

Yeah, the auto Auto Hold System Fault I get when I start my car with remote control. I get that fault like 2 out of 10 remote start times. I have been usually starting my car with Fordpass app and never once did it warn of Auto Hold System Fault. Must be something to do with remote start.

Yeah, the auto Auto Hold System Fault I get when I start my car with remote control. I get that fault like 2 out of 10 remote start times. I have been usually starting my car with Fordpass app and never once did it warn of Auto Hold System Fault. Must be something to do with remote start.
I use my auto start with the remote key fob every day and use the Auto Hold at all times and never had a problem at 16,000 miles now.

what it sounds like is an intermediate problem, It could be a molex connector is loose and making bad contact with the switch or it is reading a system fault from the module responsible for the system. We have not had an issue with our Auto Start/ Stop but we don't use remote start that much.

Searched the forum , couldn’t find a similar thread , but I know what the Auto Hold feature is and how to use it but does anybody get an error message when they first start their truck, I wish it would store a code this way it’s not back and forth at the dealer

View attachment 177521
I had the same fault shows up in my 2020 LTD after I remote start the truck. Its not just the warning, it really doesn't hold the car when it says auto hold fault

Looks like the last post was April 23, 2021.
I rarely use the remote start and do not have the option of starting with the fob. I get the hold error about every 7 or 8 times I start the 2021 Explorer if I did not turn the Auto Hold off when I parked it. It will clear on the next start which is what I usually do.
Is there no final answer or help with this annoying issue?

Looks like the last post was April 23, 2021.
I rarely use the remote start and do not have the option of starting with the fob. I get the hold error about every 7 or 8 times I start the 2021 Explorer if I did not turn the Auto Hold off when I parked it. It will clear on the next start which is what I usually do.
Is there no final answer or help with this annoying issue?
Welcome to the Forum Mike. :wave:
You may have to take it to the dealer to see what the problem is IF they can diagnose it. It doesn't look like any members in this thread have done so or at least have not reported back regarding a 'fix'. Personally, I find the feature too intrusive and have it turned OFF.

Peter

Searched the forum , couldn’t find a similar thread , but I know what the Auto Hold feature is and how to use it but does anybody get an error message when they first start their truck, I wish it would store a code this way it’s not back and forth at the dealer

View attachment 177521
I've been getting it since I purchased mine may of 2020. It has been in the shop SEVERAL times for this issue. They don't have an answer for it. They have tried reprogramming pretty much everything, troubleshooting but still no answer. I noticed it only comes on for me when I use my remote start or the ford app to start. But it does not happen every time. So frustrating.

I have the same Autohold problem, along with many other problems. It definitely is reproduced with remote start as mentioned in thread. I've had a Ford Service Engineer "claim" to fix the problem by re-flashing everything. Problem still remains. Shown them pictures of the fault, but it doesnt matter. They can't fix it - they don't know how to! Love this vehicle sometimes (have an ST) but it's the WORST new vehicle I've ever purchased. So much shoddy quality checks, and problems BRAND NEW. Don't even let me talk about how cheap the interior is once you get to know it... Alll this for 55k?? Insanity. I wont ever buy a Ford again, and I've purchased a handful of other brands new so know what to expect.. Ford, by far the worst experience I've had. The old "fixed or repaired daily " acronym holds up in my case. Sad, but true.

^^ Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Maybe you should have looked at the Aviator. No issues at all except for the rearview camera recall but then I never had issues with my 2011 Limited or 2017 Platinum.

Peter

August 21, 2021 and no one has posted a fix or a successful resolution to this annoying problem.
Has anyone figured it out?
The Auto Hold System Fault only occurs (randomly) on my 2020 Explorer if I leave the hold "on" when I park and then restart. A restart will clear the error message and allow the Hold to operate as designed. I never get the fault when the Hold is "off" when I shut down the car. I rarely use Ford pass to start and suspect that the Hold is "on" when others have gotten the error after using the fob or Pass app.
Please post if you have gotten a resolution. I LOVE the Auto Hold but hate the error message. Thanks

August 21st on my calendar is next week Mike. I'm not sure why you would use Auto Hold when turning the vehicle OFF. As mentioned in the Manual, the feature is not designed to replace the parking brake. It seems that there has not been a resolution for this if indeed it is actually a fault.

Peter

August 21, 2021 and no one has posted a fix or a successful resolution to this annoying problem.
Has anyone figured it out?
The Auto Hold System Fault only occurs (randomly) on my 2020 Explorer if I leave the hold "on" when I park and then restart. A restart will clear the error message and allow the Hold to operate as designed. I never get the fault when the Hold is "off" when I shut down the car. I rarely use Ford pass to start and suspect that the Hold is "on" when others have gotten the error after using the fob or Pass app.
Please post if you have gotten a resolution. I LOVE the Auto Hold but hate the error message. Thanks
Makes sense that it never happens when you park with it off. This is from a Ford article. Won't fix it but if you turn it off before parking it should help reduce how often it is happening.

Note: Auto Hold remembers the last on or off setting when you start your vehicle.

Here is a link to it. http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...&userMarket=USA&div=l&vFilteringEnabled=False

Makes sense that it never happens when you park with it off. This is from a Ford article. Won't fix it but if you turn it off before parking it should help reduce how often it is happening.

Note: Auto Hold remembers the last on or off setting when you start your vehicle.

Here is a link to it. http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...&userMarket=USA&div=l&vFilteringEnabled=False
I leave mine on all the time and have never had a fault. I did have to turn it off in the car wash though.

I leave mine on all the time and have never had a fault. I did have to turn it off in the car wash though.
I only posted this for the ones having the warning. Like I said by tuning it off before parking it should help cut down on the number of times it happens. If you have never had it happen I would just continue doing as you have been. I don't use it much at all myself.

I only posted this for the ones having the warning. Like I said by tuning it off before parking it should help cut down on the number of times it happens. If you have never had it happen I would just continue doing as you have been. I don't use it much at all myself.
I wonder how I ever lived without the feature! In high traffic areas, like my area, I'm always stopped at lights or in traffic jams. It gives your body a rest! What sucks is once you're used to it, when you drive a vehicle without auto hold, you forget that you have to keep your foot on the brake!

I wonder how I ever lived without the feature! In high traffic areas, like my area, I'm always stopped at lights or in traffic jams. It gives your body a rest! What sucks is once you're used to it, when you drive a vehicle without auto hold, you forget that you have to keep your foot on the brake!
I can see where some people would love it. I live in a rural area and encounter little stop and go traffic. That's the only reason I don't use it much. And I'm pretty sure this vehicle has other features I don't use to often. But I sure do enjoy it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First person to report it unfortunately so do not think anyone will have an answer on this one.
1628783047801.png

It comes on occasionally when you remote start the truck. If you shut the truck off and start again, the error disappears. I have never noticed it comes on when starting with the push button.

Back