• Register Today It's free!

auto lamp wiring problem

mrpeaches

Reaction score
City, State
parma, ohio (cleveland)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport
i got a square-y autodim/autolamp mirror and wired it up, got power, dims great and everything, but the white/purple stripe wires i found didnt work for the autolamp. the one coming off the GEM didnt do anything (pin 8 im pretty sure), the one under the dash clicked a relay in in the relay box but no lights(domelight flickered like there was a draw but nothing), the one running down the drivers side did the same but still no lights.

on my '00 sport, where/what wire do i need to splice into? can i even do this? do i need to add relays or do some crap with the headlight switch? i used my test light to ground all these, does that matter?

wtf help :( :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump :(((

```

bump wtf

I believe that is the wire for the reverse cutout (turns off the dimmed mirror when in reverse. Why you'd be backing up into someone with headlights, I have no idea).

black/pink is the cutout wire, i tested it...

mirror

Mate ,I've just been through the same thing .There are 2 wh/vt wires one goes to the rear door saying it is ajar and it is live the other is for the mirror the bk/pk is connected to the reversing lamp and turns off the mirror so you can see through it when a car comes up from behind .Make sure your gr/or and the red /wh (actually it is yellow)are wired up properly to your fuse box it's all good fun

Back