Auto lock t-case to manual lock t-case | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto lock t-case to manual lock t-case

94 navajo

Reaction score
City, State
Granite Falls WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Navajo DX
Hey everybody, i was wondering if anybody's swapped the auto shift push button transfer case and i want to swap it with a floor shift t case and manual locking hubs. with the manual t-case bolt right up? i know i'll have to cut a hole in the floor, but does anybody know if it'll bolt up to the tranny or if i'll have to swap the driveline?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what donor vehicles have a manual t case that will bolt up? i have warn spinners and i really want to get rid of this damn auto push button b/s

All of the older Ranger cases will bolt up, you might, however, have to do some "adjusting" on the linkage to get it to fit correctly. Usually, just extending the shifter "finger" piece will do it. It makes more sense when you actually bolt things together. I have a 84 model 1350 hanging on the back of a 98 model M5 waiting to go into my 84 Ranger. I still have to cut and stretch the shifter finger before I can install it. Takes around 10-20 minutes with a cutoff wheel, scrap steel, and a welder.

This has all be covered before, but you want to get a 1354m (you currently have a 1354e) not a 1350, the front drive shaft flange is different. Lots of rangers have the 1350, so look closely at the front flange if you aren't sure if it's a 1350 or a 1354. You can find 1354's in some year rangers, 91-94 explorers, and IIRC late bronco II's. If you find one without the shift linkage don't worry, they are really easy to make with nothing more then an angle grinder, a vice, and a hammer.

As little x said, there IS a difference in the front output. The 1350 'shaft slides into the 'case, while the 1354 front shaft bolts on. I used the 1350 since I allready have several of them, and the driveshafts to boot. I take issue with paying over $300 for a transfercase that has as many, if not more, miles than mine have, plus having to pay shipping on it, since around here, pretty much everything in the yards is "E" shift.

Back