• Register Today It's free!

Automatic climate control

mjkempton

Reaction score
City, State
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Eddie Baure
Hi everyone, I have a 98 eddie baure with automatic climate control. About 3 weeks ago I noticed that the blower motor would only work on high. When it reaches the set temp it shuts off completly until the temp. rises then it will come back on until it gets back to the set temp. In the past it would run at the lower speeds to maintain the temp. Any thoughts anyone???

I am not positive on your model but on some older models there is one fuse for the high speed and one fuse for the 3 lower speeds. I would start by checking the fuses.

Blower motor

mj: I'm guessing it is NOT a fuse, but rather your "Blower motor controller" - I have an '07 EB with the automatic heater/AC controls. I could not adjust the blower speed at all - it would be on high all the time. Even pushing the "off" button did not do anything. There is a good thread on this forum about this "typical" problem. I replaced the controller (easy job, but the part was about $60) -- problem fixed. :)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272849&highlight=blower+motor+controller

Back