• Register Today It's free!

Aux Adio Input Jack

WUBrown

Reaction score
City, State
Brazil, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Sport trac
On all Vihicle Description sheets under standard equipment is listed ' Auxilary audio input jack ' . My Sport Trac does not have one. I'd like to have one installed. Dealer can't find part numbers for wiring harness or jack. Dealer can find info on Ipod conections, but Ipod conection is not aux audio input jack. Any one have any suggestions?
Bill

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You don't have one on the center console beside the power outlet?

No audio jack. The sport trac was examined by both sales and service. Not on center console or glove box. I am willing to pay for install, but Dealer hasn't come up with numbers to wiring harnass or jack.

Thats odd. They all should have an input on the console. If I ever make it home again, I'll snap a pic of ours.

I believe PIE makes an iPod adapter that replaces the Satilite radio on the receiver.

I just bought an 08 and my Aux jack was inside the center console. Not sure if 07 is the same.

I bought my '07 about a month ago and noticed that several ones in stock did not have the audio jack. The salesman said that they were '07's that have been on the lot for some time and mine was built late in the '07 run so it must have been something added mid-year. I wish it was like the '08 and in the console but at least I have it.

I would be surprised if there is anything the dealer can do for ya'. I would think that the receiver is different (for the "aux" function) and even if they find a harness, there probably is nothing to connect it to. i'd start looking for aftermarket options.

Okay now I feel stupid. I have Sat. radio attached to my AUX . That's why no aux audio input jack. Like when I asked why no power back window it took one hour and four sales persons to finally tell me that a safety curtain overrides a power rear window. I think I ask to many questions.

Again, our '07 has Sirius and the aux in. You got the shaft.

WUBrown, your salesman lied.
My '07 has Sirius and the aux input jack. I also have the side curtains and the power rear window.

I just bought a 2008 Sport Trac XLT. Inside the center console their is a piece missing where the little imput jack would normally be. It's just an emty hole. No filler plate or anything. I put my fingers in there to see what was down there. I found a wire harness with two wires coming out and it had just been cut off with black tape on it. Where is my jack? I swear this truck was supposed to come with one.

The AUX in jack was late availability 07. If your build date is early 07, you're SOL. If, as above, it looks like someone took one out of your ride, I'd advise you to visit the dealer and raise hell.

The AUX in jack was late availability 07. If your build date is early 07, you're SOL. If, as above, it looks like someone took one out of your ride, I'd advise you to visit the dealer and raise hell.

I plan to visit them this weekend. If a truck didn't come with the AuX IN jack wouldn't there be a filler plate in the console? I just don't understand why they would take it out of a brand new truck...

Good news. I visited the dealership today and they admitted that it had been cut out of the truck. The said they couldn't be certain that it had occurred at the dealership or one of the 3 places the truck had stopped at before arriving in Arizona. My gut feeling is another customer (possibly a 2007 SportTrac owner) complained about not having one, so someone went onto the lot and cut it out of mine. The reason I think this is because the part is on a deep backorder.

I'm glad to hear it is semi-working out. Good luck getting the part. I assume you'll also need the wiring that runs to the radio and any harness that connects into the radio (since a transplanting owner would need all of this).

Back