Aux Cable mounting

sdtrex

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer PI
No one ever accused me of being smart.

2013 PIU Explorer. Bought the $15 aux cable with 4 pins and am ready to install.

Question - is there some plastic part to help the aux cable mate with the plastic trim piece? The aux cable and nut are too small to simply tighten up on the trim piece.

tempImagefsUeWv.png

tempImageLcpeWV.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont have an answer for you but I do have a question if thats cool, I also have a 2013 PIU and I was wondering if you had to reactivate the AUX in FORScan? and even if you didn't how did you connect the AUX wiring to the media hub? I have the AUX outlet and a USB outlet with no wiring.

Actually, if you dont get any help with your question here you could try emailing Home

thanks

I dont have an answer for you but I do have a question if thats cool, I also have a 2013 PIU and I was wondering if you had to reactivate the AUX in FORScan? and even if you didn't how did you connect the AUX wiring to the media hub? I have the AUX outlet and a USB outlet with no wiring.

Actually, if you dont get any help with your question here you could try emailing Home

thanks
I bought the gizmo for modifying the FORScan, but haven't attempted yet.... Figured no reason to put time into that until I have the actual wiring figured out.

I bought the gizmo for modifying the FORScan, but haven't attempted yet.... Figured no reason to put time into that until I have the actual wiring figured out.
Bought the cable here: ATO - Auto | New Richmond, WI
It has aux input on one end, and 4 wires with pins on the other end.

You can probably put a grommet in the hole, and tighten the cord to the grommet.

You can buy a trim panel with the ports pre-installed from NENNO.com, eBay, a FORD Dealership, or from a local junkyard. If you are on a budget, maybe some washers and JB weld will secure the cable you have.

88.jpg

99.jpg

Found this, but pricey. Some used ones on Ebay.
Audio Auxiliary Jack - Ford (8L8Z-19A164-A)

So, did you ever get the AUX cable hooked up? If you did and if you have time, could you post about how you connected it to the module? Which pins and all that? If you had pics that would help out a lot of ppl too, the AUX cable is a major repeated question here and if I can get mine connected and working properly, I am planning on an end-all post that can walk ppl through it... any help is appreciated, especially in the realm of finding and connecting to the module... ... thank in advance.

Back