Average temp of AC

skoal_mint

Reaction score
City, State
Geraldton ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer sport 4.0
I recharged my ac at work today, but only saw 13C about 59F

I'm just wondering how others 97 explorers are running... I know iv dont AC's where I got 0, -1C but they were dodge

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Duct temp depends on SOOO many different factors. But since I live in one of the harshest environments in the country for a/c performance, I can speak of what I consider good performance. On my '95, driving down the freeway an a 112 degree day, I can get my duct temp to fall into the 30's. (F) Around town, stop and go, it's usually in the low 40's. I consider that outstanding performance. On my '99, that's a different story. I can get it to go down the highway in the mis 40's. Stop and go is about 50 degrees. Same type of day. I consider that unacceptable performance. But I'm having a heck of a time improving it. Both are ATC vehicles. But 59 degrees is just horrible for most any condition. Something is not right. Well, if you're in a 100 degree shop with absolutely no air going across the condenser, I guess that's about where it would be.

I recharged my ac at work today, but only saw 13C about 59F

I'm just wondering how others 97 explorers are running... I know iv dont AC's where I got 0, -1C but they were dodge

At what ambient temperature? Idling or at speed?

What are the system pressures?

We usually just let them idel in the shop and check the temp, usually 20 minutes.

My AC is cycling now when im driving and stays on when im at idel... I took off my clutch lastnight and its pretty much shot, kept hearing a noise... is their suppose to material on the clutch or just metal to metal?
its gouged pretty good and down to the 3 rivets

You need to answer Aldive's questions. There is no way you can determine what temp you should be getting without knowing that. That is why I said "Well, if you're in a 100 degree shop with absolutely no air going across the condenser, I guess that's about where it would be."

That would show up on your pressures.

I'm going to re due it this friday and post how cold it gets.. we bought 2 more tanks, ours was low and the only way to get 1 pound 15 onces was to start the truck... it would only pump in about 1 pound 9 onces by its self, I tried the new tank on a vechile with the customer complaing about the same thing as me and after the new tank his was frezing( just ideling in the shop for 10 minutes )

The garage is hot as hell, now im starting to think maybe winter wasnt soo bad after all

Are you using 30 lb bottles or small cans? You do realize the small cans are only 12 oz...not a pound like they were years ago. You will need 2 and a half small cans for a complete charge.

On all the Gen 2 recharges I've done, I can usually get them down to 39F at highway speed.

I agree that 59F is not good at all.

On all the Gen 2 recharges I've done, I can usually get them down to 39F at highway speed.

I agree that 59F is not good at all.

I get my 95 to the 30's easy on the highway. I can't get my 99 anywhere near that. Perfect pressures...excellent temps in the evap case. (I drilled a small hole and measure the temp there. But I can't keep the temps there by the time they exit the vents. It's driving me freakin' nuts!!! (no blend door issues)

okay, for the good news.. yes we use the big tanks

I got my temp to -2C i think thats 28F, in the shop ideling for 20 minutes.

my windows were fogged and my seats frozen, I was a happy guys

Back