Aviator Hybrid scheduled for production next week. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aviator Hybrid scheduled for production next week.

Perhaps it is one of those picked off the line for testing and closer examination to confirm that the build is as it should be.:dunno:
If that is the case, then it could be a good thing. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Peter
Thank you for your thoughts and wishes, let's hope it was a conformity inspection and not repairs. I too would like to wish you and yours the same desire that you have a wonderful holiday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for your thoughts and wishes, let's hope it was a conformity inspection and not repairs. I too would like to wish you and yours the same desire that you have a wonderful holiday.
Okay, I picked it up yesterday, Thursday 02/13/2020, it was at the dealers for about ten days getting the flexible clear "bra" material on the front end, it was ceramic coated on the rest of the paint which is the triple coat metal flake type white color, UV clear window tinting on the windshield and front side windows, wheel locks and WeatherTech floor mats all 'round including the second row back cargo mat. It came with the underside rear air deflector, the tow hook and the gas spout. Also the Class IV hitch has a cover over it similar to what my 2018 Explorer had on it and lots of guys have noted that there was no longer one available, but my Grand Touring Reserve has it.

Drove it from Colorado Springs to Grand Junction Colorado today through the back door route; US 50 which runs about parallel to I-70 but further south. Took that route as I went over I-70 going to Colorado Springs and it was a nightmare. They got road construction all over the top of that thing, snow, ice and the temp on top was 11 degrees F. you couldn't tell if the shiny spots were water or ice. Then at Vail, the road was closed for avalanche control by the State of Colorado at Vail Pass. They made us get off the Freeway and find a place to park in the resort or somewhere off the road. I as there in a parking lot for 2 hours and no one knew when the pass would open again. When I got to the top and through the Eisenhower Tunnel, when you come out on the East side, it's all 6 degrees down slope for the whole trip down that side into the valley. More construction with one of the three lanes completely tore up. There was bumper to bumper traffic backed up for five miles coming up the East side.

Any rate. southern route, everything from fifties' type roads through some really tight canyons with 30 MPH turns and up to some pretty nice roadway that was up to 65MPH, not counting all the 30MPH slowdowns through all the tiny towns.

I put 300 miles on it today and it got 21.9MPG for the whole trip. It handles so much better than my 2018 Explorer with the different engine/frame layout, it's hard to believe. My concerns about it going to QC were unfounded, We, the dealer and I, found nothing wrong with it all the body panels line up very well, the interior is Ebony/Roast so it's black trimmed on the backs of the seats, carpet, side panels on the inside and a saddle colored leather on the seat cushions and backs with a similar color treatment on the dash. I couldn't stop looking at it, the whole thing is just damn gorgeous and I'm tickled pink with it..... :)

I'll post some pics when I can get it home and cleaned up again, bunch of road salt, sand and whatever else is on the roadways these days is covering the beastie sitting outside the Hotel in Grand Junction.

Congrats Zeeb! I’m loving my non-hybrid version too but your ‘damn gorgeous’ description is just perfect. They are beautiful cars. You have the interior I wanted but negotiations with my better half left that idea on the cutting room floor. Can u tell me something more about your window tinting? That’s my next to do.

I'm curious as to why it has the "tow hook" (eye) that you mentioned. Did the dealer show you where to install it? There is no mention of either the item in the Manual or where it goes on the body.

Peter

I'm curious as to why it has the "tow hook" (eye) that you mentioned. Did the dealer show you where to install it? There is no mention of either the item in the Manual or where it goes on the body.

Peter

No he didn't show me, probably because I didn't ask. It was after dark when we finished up, I'd been driving most of the including blizzard conditions at Vail Pass. I was really tired and wanting to get to my hotel. Sorry.....

Back