My 2022MY Explorer Platinum just got Scheduled for Production! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2022MY Explorer Platinum just got Scheduled for Production!

I heard they suspended production at the plant in Mexico making the bronco. Guessing they shifted chips elsewhere to keep more production going.
I just now got word my ETA got pushed from Nov. 28 to Dec 15. Well, hopefully I can still get it before Christmas. Hold your breath none of us get ‘Chip Hold’

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Timberline production date also got moved up from 11/29 to 11/15
Congrats my friend.
I just now got word my ETA got pushed from Nov. 28 to Dec 15. Well, hopefully I can still get it before Christmas. Hold your breath none of us get ‘Chip Hold’
sorry to hear that. I hope that isn’t contagious, and yes, let’s all hope on an abundance of microchips to go around!

I heard they suspended production at the plant in Mexico making the bronco. Guessing they shifted chips elsewhere to keep more production going.
It was suspended for two days, Oct. 11 and 12th due to material shortages.

Peter

My ST which was scheduled for nov 8 was pushed back to November 15. Got an email last night. Unfortunately.

“My ST which was scheduled for nov 8 was pushed back to November 15. Got an email last night. Unfortunately.”

Im sorry to hear that. There’s a lot of that going around right now.

The 2022 Order Guide shows;
Premium Technology Package (65P) is standard on King Ranch® and Platinum. Was previously a standalone option on both series.

PACKAGES
● Premium Technology Package
— Multicontour Seats with Active Motion® (Front Only. Refer to the Color & Trim Availability section for additional information.)
— 10.1” LCD Capacitive Portrait Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe and Pinch-to-Zoom Capability
— B&O® Sound System by Bang & Olufsen®, 980 Watt, 14 Speakers including Subwoofer

Peter
Yes but they took away the tow package and made it optional.

Yes but they took away the tow package and made it optional.
Yes they did. They probably were to trying to save money since research showed not all of their customers were using that “included” hitch

Yes they did. They probably were to trying to save money since research showed not all of their customers were using that “included” hitch
My guess would be that most customers weren't using the tow package. :)

Peter

FED9BFB8-18A7-44E1-AE7D-C5891FD09A6D.jpeg
FED9BFB8-18A7-44E1-AE7D-C5891FD09A6D.jpeg
70295915-F685-4209-B15C-3D2FCDCEFCB3.jpeg
A188AE38-C0A1-4732-B228-1E8B8F91BC49.jpeg
DC281667-35B0-4B5D-A342-184F59B0C3CC.jpeg
36913091-E41F-42DA-8607-7743992F832D.jpeg
97083A13-F49B-437C-94F3-8B89FCA5FCE2.jpeg
C430AECE-5E77-4F7D-A3E2-403CAAFAB19F.jpeg
261D51AC-7D2C-4005-8D29-76F67D259097.jpeg

My 2022 Platinum arrived. We’ve put 200 miles on her so far. I added the Explorer hood lettering and borla s type exhaust on it’s way! Cheers.

View attachment 342979I’m a Salesman at Ford & if you have any questions, let me know! I’m super excited to get our 2022 Explorer. I’ll try to document every part of the process.
We placed an order for a Plat hybrid on Jan 11, 2022 and no updates other than an order number. Are there significant delays for the hybrid?

We placed an order for a Plat hybrid on Jan 11, 2022 and no updates other than an order number. Are there significant delays for the hybrid?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It could very well be. Going by what I'm reading on the Lincoln Forum, the hybrids take much longer to be delivered than the non-hybrids. It could be that the requirement for specific chips is more significant.

Peter

I agree with Peter on this one. My Hybrid Explorer orders take longer than non hybrid power trains. Our customers normally have to wait 6-7 months for those instead of the 4-5 months for non hybrid explorers.

I agree with Peter on this one. My Hybrid Explorer orders take longer than non hybrid power trains. Our customers normally have to wait 6-7 months for those instead of the 4-5 months for non hybrid explorers.
Thank you. We've almost given up. Should we expect ending up with a 2023 since its so late in the year?

Thank you. We've almost given up. Should we expect ending up with a 2023 since its so late in the year?
Don’t give up when you’re at the finish line. You’ll probably get a July/August Build Week with a August/September ETA. Hang in there!

It won't automatically be switched to a 2023 model without revising the order. Although the 2023 Aviator, assembled at the same facility, goes into production on June 27th, the 2023 Explorer won't go into production until November 14th. Orders will be accepted starting August 11th.

Peter

It won't automatically be switched to a 2023 model without revising the order. Although the 2023 Aviator, assembled at the same facility, goes into production on June 27th, the 2023 Explorer won't go into production until November 14th. Orders will be accepted starting August 11th.

Peter
I haven’t been on the forums lately, but haven’t heard anything on the dealership side. Has the order guide for 23 explorers leaked yet? Will this be a refresh year?

I haven’t been on the forums lately, but haven’t heard anything on the dealership side. Has the order guide for 23 explorers leaked yet? Will this be a refresh year?
No Order Guides have been posted for the 2023 Explorer that I'm aware of. I believe the dates have just been posted since I didn't see anything last week. No idea whether or not it will be a Refresh but I doubt it. The 2023 Aviator is not a refresh.

Peter

We cancelled our order with the dealer, but after 1 year we're still getting emails asking us to be patient and our 2022 explorer will be ready soon. So glad we got our custom 2023 traverse in less than 10 weeks. We love it.

Back