B&A 285/75 MTR and Herculiner!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B&A 285/75 MTR and Herculiner!!

About a year ago I lifted my X, finally got the tires and decided to go with herculiner.....

Lift: TT & Add a leaf.
2" body lift.

Tires: 285/75 R16 Good Year MTR ( Rub at swaybar)
Tupperware off...

Before:

Dead Link Removed

After:

Dead Link Removed

Let me know what you think... :D :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks fantastic!

Why'd you paiunt over you chrme orignal wheels?! that look sterrible IMO (sorry to be a downer) but i think you should sold them and just bought some black rock crawler wheels - yu probabaly would have come out ahead

I like the black herculiner, but I have to agree with JMT on the wheels. Just my opinion, not a fact. other than that it's a very nice looking truck!

I took the springs out yesterday... go to my 4x4 shop and they bent them for me.. so I got a higher rear end probably 1 or 2 inches more than in the front, but it looks level...:cool:

i like that look....too bad those rims werent 15x8s..i would gladly sport those on my truck... i like the paramilitary look

very nice

but what i would like to know is exactly what are those tires

are the all terrains or mud terrains and what brand type and exact size....... they look good i want some

Originally posted by prerunexp
very nice

but what i would like to know is exactly what are those tires

are the all terrains or mud terrains and what brand type and exact size....... they look good i want some

goodyear wrangler mtr's (mud terrains)...says in the title they are 285/75's...

i saw this thread earlier just didn't reply, but i'd like to say that i dig the look man...very nice. and i'm with jim and mike on thinking the wheels look cool. cheaper too... i've always been impressed with your truck oso, very nice work

keep the pics comin :thumbsup:

Looks great. And who cares what they say about the rims. I would go with the White Walls IN since eveything else is black though.

When you gonna put a full exterior roll cage Like Ricky has man??

Ryan

who is ricky? i havent seen an x with an exterior cage..... just to clarify... those tires are a 285/75/16 not a standard 15 that most off roaders use....

his buddy Rickyvenezwela(spellcheck) might also go as chola. He also did A SAS on his 95+ Xploder. used leaf springs. Its a kick ass explorer.

Ryan

Jim what the hell you doin up this late anyways

Jim, go to Oso_polors sig. and his My X page and then look at Chola's exploer and you can see pix there
Ryan

Ricky, Chola and me, the only three mad guys I know that had the B@lls to lift the X down here in venezuela after hundred of accidents and tire changing.....

Ricky is in the process of the the axle swap because he almost totalled his X about 3 weeks ago, so we are trying to get the parts, not an easy job, and he is not sure about it, but WTF, no more $$$ on aligment and stuff.....

Chola, he is the man, '00 explorer sport, he already complete the axle swap, roll cage internal and external, rear tire carrier, well you better see it by your self on my page, pics of the axle swap on explorer projects forum...

Back