B2 Guys Bronco Build, restore for crawling. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B2 Guys Bronco Build, restore for crawling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not spending time posting anymore..

Well, i picked up a lightly modded 89 Bronco 2, that will be serving as my new offroader, I will have it ready for July Smorr event.

Current To do list:
Swap in Explorer 302
Explorer Auto
Arb Front locker -install
Longarm build for front
Possibly a 4 link rear?? _not till after Smorr

Cage, body trimming and cutting. not any more, bought a different body

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look out folks....another Monster is about to be born!

Glad you went with TM headers. That Ranger looks pretty clean too.

Any bets on how long it will stay that way?.....Hahaha!

So a slider, bumper build is in the foreseeable future?

Oh, Those pinstripes have gotta go.:p:

Might want to add this to a thread made just for this when your finished,
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238321

In the meantime, you could use it for your own reference :)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Thanx guys, thats the plan. Its combining a little of all the vehicles I love, bronco 2, explorer, ranger, so hopefully this will be it and keep me satisfied for a while.

Oh, Those pinstripes have gotta go.:p:

A few trees will take care of those. Is this gonna be a new model? Maybe the Bronc2ExRanger?
Seriously, can't wait to see progress, Brad. This is gonna be one hell of a rig.

Todays progress, but all this work has made me want to go offroading, so me and a buddy are heading out here in a bit to Flatnastys offroad park, with the RZR

002-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

Also this 2.9 and 5spd are fine just needs new flywheel, I have plans for them eventually in beater B2 or ranger short bed, the 2.9 has the best world product heads u can buy, bored .30 over, some other stuff, centerforce clutch, rebuilt tranny :)

Here is a few when my brother had it in action and one I took before body started getting beat.
062-4.jpg

066-3.jpg

103-1.jpg

I did some last night and I started this morning around 7 and finished dropping tractor back at farm and home by 12:30. Easy stuff when u dont care about the old body, i also removed clutch pedals, steering column, 2.9 ecm, other misc pieces.

Brad,
Give me a call, I would enjoy to come out for a weekend and help work on this with you. Maybe you could help me fix my tranny leak. I have a leak somewhere, that has gotten real bad. And shops around here want a fortune to fix it. Plus I am off work until June 1. And it is not looking good for me to make it Moab again this year.:thumbdwn:

Love those pics. I had to look twice at the dates myself.
Talk about stuffing that rear tire. Some trim might be in order?

Sounds great chad, I can definatley try to help you with leak. If you dont make Moab, you are welcome to come out next friday/saturday, thats when we will be working on gregs explorer, prolly wont have time to do yours that weekend, but sometime soon, Ive made alot of progress, the biggest thing that will hold me back is 3-4 weeks on headers, im not putting cab on chassis til there on cause i can go ahead and easily finish all of my exhaust. I do have some ideas for rear, like strecthing it a little and doing 4link, moving tank into bed, and taking the ranger bed and custom cutting it down to length to fit what ever i do :)

I was thinking the Banger LOL

what are you guys doing to greggs rig? Coilovers? I am going to take my truck to the shop that did my t-case work and see if they can find the leak and tell me where it is, so I can get the seals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back