B2 Guys Bronco Build, restore for crawling. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B2 Guys Bronco Build, restore for crawling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not spending time posting anymore..

Well, i picked up a lightly modded 89 Bronco 2, that will be serving as my new offroader, I will have it ready for July Smorr event.

Current To do list:
Swap in Explorer 302
Explorer Auto
Arb Front locker -install
Longarm build for front
Possibly a 4 link rear?? _not till after Smorr

Cage, body trimming and cutting. not any more, bought a different body

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:ttiwwp:

Hopefully I'll see this thing done down at SMORR and see what a real B2 can do.

sounds like a great start brad, i would stay with the explorer tranny no codes
Jon started this fix it club and we had to join :D

Tommorow if all works outs, gonna order v8 swap parts, here is the game plan
-I have 97 V8 explorer engine runs strong!
-Gonna stick with stock manifolds for now-cheaper
-Gonna need to have a good rebuild done to stock explorer auto tranny, and install the adapter to rear so can run 1350/1354 tcase style bolt up, even thoe it has an atlas.
-I have stock explorer radiator
Run stock explorer computer and wiring
Get oilfilter relocation kit.
I think those are the major things, i need, still up in the air about headers or manifolds, i dont much money to dump into this thing right, now, anyone have any opinion about the Duff swap headers?? or any others they recommend.

Blower?

Turbo/supercharged?

NOS?

42" boggers?

B2 submarine?

Oh I know what it needs! Those rotary saw blades that chop down trees like Speed Racer had on the Mach 5!

SpeedRacer3.jpg

Tommorow if all works outs, gonna order v8 swap parts, here is the game plan
-I have 97 V8 explorer engine runs strong!
-Gonna stick with stock manifolds for now-cheaper
-Gonna need to have a good rebuild done to stock explorer auto tranny, and install the adapter to rear so can run 1350/1354 tcase style bolt up, even thoe it has an atlas.
-I have stock explorer radiator
Run stock explorer computer and wiring
Get oilfilter relocation kit.
I think those are the major things, i need, still up in the air about headers or manifolds, i dont much money to dump into this thing right, now, anyone have any opinion about the Duff swap headers?? or any others they recommend.

let me look again brad but the 90 linc. i think has factory style manifold headers with o2 sensors not like the ex's, there a flat style i may not use them, may use a bypass plug. and there maybe other parts laying here that you may need, just need a full list. and the oil filter relocation kit should work i think off of the ex. what axles are you going to use

Well , lol when i said lightly modified, I should have said heavily moddified, it is allready sasd. Dana 44 front full witdh, 8.8 rear, full witdh with custom adapted disc brakes on rear from an explorer rearend. 5.13 Gears, Detroit rear locker. Currenty has built 2.9 that runs great, has the world product Heads, Centerforce clutch, but the fly wheel is messed up, and I dont really wanna throw all that stuff back in. Will save those good parts for a little Ranger pickup or something to be a beater farm truck.

This was my brothers Old B2, I tried to convince him to keep it but he just lost interest. I guess he'd rather be a passenger since its cheaper.

is it the red and white b2 in the farm run pic's, well tomorrow i start with out comes the old and in goes the new. i got the 90 linc. towncar here this evening and starting on pulling the efi wiring and 5.0 oh ya

Yea its my brothers old B2

On the phone with advanced adapters, super happy!!!

Getting the parts ordered to change input shaft setup on the atlas 2, to work on back of the AOD explorer auto trannies. Way less than swapping tranny output to 25spline which isnt near as tuff as the 31 spline :) So the parts ordering has begun.

Heres some ideas on headers, my problem is i dont wanna spend what it takes to get Torque Monsters, and since I will be doing FI just like 410fortune v8 swap, i will need to run O2 sensors.
Thoughts:::
L&Ls
http://www.ntwonline.com/8397_FORD_RANGER_4WD_SMALL_BLOCK_HEADERS_P8704C380.cfm
Duffs
http://www.jamesduff.com/broncoII/engine.html
Torque Monsters:
http://torquemonsterheaders.com/multimedia.html#TorqueMonsterSwapHeaders
Advanced adapters:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ADD-717044-NP/

Well, I will gather parts for V8 swap, but will not tear out the running 2.9 until after the summer Smorr Meet. That way bronco can forsure make it. Here is my list of todos before then

Winch front bumper/ with winch
Extra front lights
Back up lights
rear Belltech shackles
Custom build front Longarms
Front selectable Locker?? and shafts
Roll cage

Pretty easy simple right??

Pull tranny and replace flywheel

Ordering parts today

So far:
L&L engine mounts for 302
Belltech 6400 shackles
Oil filter relocation kit

:) ARB front D44 Locker and compressor kit :)

Only thing left to do but Im gonna call instead of do online, is really thinking about torque monster headers, I wanna do this right!!

O and there is a possibiltiy, I will find out today that i might be swapping reg cab 92 Ranger cab onto chassis also, then building custom flat bed/offroad bed, the cab is in great shape, the bronco body is pretty beat! LOL

Someone call a DR. !! :eek:

Brad must be sick.:fart:

He is talking about body damage like it's a bad thing!:crazy:

:p:

Maybe when he was rubbing trees one fell on his head.;)
I do remember riding with Brad holding on to the right "oh sh#t" handle and nearly standing on the left door.!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And here is the ranger donor cab I picked up for cheap today-its great!!, Roll up windows, rear sliding glass. Not rusted out in good shape, good winshield!! Yea , so off with the bronco body hopefully in the next 2 days. Im ready to get this thing done!!!

O and I ordered Torque Monster Headers :)

110-3.jpg

111-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back