• Register Today It's free!

Back hatch glass question

jeremyg123

Reaction score
City, State
Gillett,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer 4.0 V6
My 06 XLT has been a great vehicle so far, however the back wiper is dead now and the defrost is also deceased. Question is, I found an 06 Eddie Bauer edition at my local pick a part. Should the hatch glass be compatible with mine? Or are there any other years that might fit properly?

Thank you
Jeremy

Any 06 to 2010 4th gen explorer rear window glass will fit. It doesnt make financial sense for any company to make multiple different versions of glass for each sub model of any car except for having a tinted and untinted version. As far a I know there is no other model years that are compatable.
You rear wiper can most likely be fixed. The shaft on thease cars tends to corrode and seize causing the wiper to not work. If you are willing to take it apart clean and relube it will probally work again. Another option to try is some penetrating oil on the shaft from the outside and wiggle the arm by hand being carefull not to break the arm. This would only be a tempory soulution unless you want to reapply some oil every year (this is the option I have done for three years now I am just to lazy to take it apart and fix it correctly).

Back