1999 Explorer Sport rear hatch glass . | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Explorer Sport rear hatch glass .

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Horsepasture, Virginia.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
My wife has a 99 Sport & the rear wiper does not clean the back window good at all & most times gets stuck in the seam of the hatch & the lower part of the hatch glass. I thought I read somewhere that the rear hatch glass of a 01-03 Sport will fit the hatch of a 99 Sport to eliminate the rear wiper arm & motor on the body.

My wife has a 99 Sport & the rear wiper does not clean the back window good at all & most times gets stuck in the seam of the hatch & the lower part of the hatch glass. I thought I read somewhere that the rear hatch glass of a 01-03 Sport will fit the hatch of a 99 Sport to eliminate the rear wiper arm & motor on the body.
I have an issue that has recently developed with my body mounted rear hatch wiper arm. It seems off and the wiper barely contacts the rear window. I've read that they get to be a little off over time and it seems like a fixable issue if you take the interior trim of the back hatch to access the wiper bits. I haven't had a chance to get to this, but it's on my list.

Back