Back up camera question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back up camera question

That means they will take it out.
They'll take it out and use it for repairs to another Ex. Part lists at $126.47

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The wiring will be there, they will need to do some programing to activate camera...!

The wiring will be there, they will need to do some programing to activate camera...!

Do you think mother Ford will give them the details on what needs to be changed as far as programming goes?

lol. yeah, I'll just get an aftermarket one then.

If the wiring is there and Ford won't give out the details for programming it may be possible to figure it out but not worth the effort until you determine the wiring is all in place.

I don't know why the wiring would be there on a Base model when the camera isn't even an option on it. NEWPORTNJ have you actually verified that it is there?

Peter

Did you ever do anything with this? I figured out how to get any camera to display on the display you have.

they ended up giving me a set that has rearview mirror display. just out of curiosity.. how?

The center stack display needs a programming change. Big question is what wiring was there..? If it was there where did it go...mirror or center stack display? The wiring can be added.

Here is the response received from the OP when asked for resolution via PM.

"Sorry, haven't been really visiting this forum. So the dealer removed the OLD trim and installed a new one with a similar OEM camera and a rear view mirror with a little monitor."

Peter

Back