Owns 10,000 Marbles
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 F-150 FX4
So I got my Explorer back from the dealer today. When I took it up there, I gave them a typed list of what needed ot be done.

Where do I begin. First, they somehow overlooked the first item on the list to check the shocks and bushings. Grr.

They say the high speed rumble is caused by (they *think*) a bent rim. My car has never been in an accident, never hit a curb, never off-road hard. So I told them that that is not it. They did however rotate abd balance the tires, but that did nothing. It still is rough from 60-on MPH.

I wanted the back door window motors tightened. They did the front, even though the back was on the list (as on my invoice - RIGHT AND LEFT FRONT DOOR RATTLE P/WINDOW MOTOR). At this point, I am becoming angry.

So, I pay the bill (they also did brakes), leave, and am on my way on I81. I look at my hood and it is vibrating a lot. Then it hits me. The fools didn't close it properly. It was only closed like when you lightly push it down. I pull off, release it and slam it. If that came off, it could have caused multiple accidents that could have killed people.

I am calling Ford tomorrow. There is no excuse for a checkup like this. The dealer was always iffy in my opinion, but since we have the warranty with them, we had to stay there.

Well, I'm done fuming...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

due to my stupidity my hood flew up and hit my windshield at 60 but it didnt fall off. just slightly bent hood and wiper cowling

James, can I call you Tommy Boy? Sorry.....

In the words of Chris Farley,"SON OF A! THAT'S GONNA LEAVE A MARK!"

On a happier note, I contacted the guy who will eventually lift my Splorer and he said he's be happy to check the suspension to cure the clunk. He lifts Jeeps, and lives at most 1/2 mile from me, so I like the ability to drop it off and jog home.

I just got my explorer back from the dealer for the timing chain tensioner recall. I got hame lifted the hood and no hand prints in the dust still the same oil spot in the timing cover so I call the dealer and ask what they had done to my truck for the last 10 hours. The service manager checked and told me that the stablizer bar end links had been replaced. Maybe if I take it in for the end links they will be able to get the transfer case to engage.

So who's thinking about that march on Dearborn again?

I like ford products but I hate their dealers, service managers, mechanics and anyone else I left out that might work for them. I took my 92 in for a recall on the brake booster, 3 days later I get it back with an empty tank and I had just topped it off before I took it in. About a month later I took my old mans Taurus in for a vapor canister recall (different dealer this time) we went down to get it two days later and found a dent over the drivers side wheelwell, huge scratches in the front bumper and a noise from the power steering that could be heard over a hundred feet away, this only took them 7 days to fix.

My 93 has 113,000 miles on it, I am the second owner of this vehicle. The original owner had a private mechanic service it on a regular basis since he bought it, other than the tire recall this vehicle has never seen the inside of a ford dealer. When I bought this vehicle everything worked, there were no "well the dealer said that" excuses for stuff not working or something being wrong.

No offense to those of you who work for ford, but my experience has taught me that if I want something done the right way the first time around I have to do it myself.

Alec, count me in for that march on Dearborn.

Wow, inexcusable from a main dealer, I've seen it happen with a back-street 'shop though. I always make a point of noting the milage if I leave the car - and make sure they *know* I've made a note. That way, if a mechanic needs to 'borrow' a vehicel he borrows someone else's.

Chris

Back