bad-news-for-ford-bad-news-for-the-auto-industry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bad-news-for-ford-bad-news-for-the-auto-industry

LukerDooker

Reaction score
City, State
N.E.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013Limited 301A TuxBlack

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think ford want to hurt it's self with ton's of lemons. What i do say ford has to put better material into thier vehicle and less plastic. But this is out of the subject... Ford is doing well market is like the person who ware's glasses if you have them on you see well if you don't ware them you see blurry or not at all. 1/2 full or 1/2 empty......!

I see this as an investment opportunity.

Look at the big three and their products, if I were betting on anyone it would be the blue oval who took nothing from the government.

Look at the big three and their products, if I were betting on anyone it would be the blue oval who took nothing from the government.

SGT11 if you wanna invest i suggest you look at CYTR for some long term gains. My people arent big on F at them moment.

I wouldn't be so sure.... GM is making some kick butt cars.

LOL. new Corvette is AMAZING! new truck I kick butt as is the Impala. Cruze is a very solid offering. The new CTS is the car of the year.

Yeah they really suck...

LOL. new Corvette is AMAZING! new truck I kick butt as is the Impala. Cruze is a very solid offering. The new CTS is the car of the year.

Yeah they really suck...

The new Corvette is amazing and bang for the buck it compares against many of the eurotrash sports cars that are twice the price. Its an outstanding value no argument there.

GM's biggest money maker was the large SUV, Tahoe,Suburban,Yukon lines

New 2015 GM SUV's are very nice but did you notice the hefty price increase. A base Tahoe goes up $1000

The 2015 Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe will, predictably, carry a price premium of $1,000 to $3,000 over the outgoing models when the full-size SUV’s go on sale in the spring of 2014, the Automotive News reports.

Based on order guides sent to dealers this week, the price of a base 2015 Tahoe will be $45,595 including destination fees, up $1,000 from 2014 models. A four-wheel drive 2015 Tahoe in LT trim will now be $2,510 more expensive than the comparable 2014 model, at $53,995. Pricing before options for a new, top of the line 4WD LTZ model will be $62,595, $2,640 higher than last year.

Like the Tahoe, a base model Suburban will cost $1,000 more than the ’14 base model at $48,295. A 4WD LT model will be $3,440 more, ringing in it $56,995. The price of a 4WD LTZ jumps $3,300 to $65,595 before options.

I hope they didn't price themselves out of the average buyers pocketbook.

The Explorer is still reasonably priced.

GM's future depends on the success of this full size SUV line.

All cars are crazy priced if you ask me. Those SUV prices do seem pretty high though.

I'll also add that I don't think GM has anything that competes with the Explorer. :) Love ours so far and I come from a GM family.

Finance evaluations will not be positive unless Ford, in a very competitive industry, is screwing you like starbucks and others on price and profit margins.

I spend a LOT of time on financial issues and I have decided buying individual stocks for the average investor is crazy.

Diversify and buy etf's (but I am not telling you what my portfolio is currently - sorry)

Ford is doing fine in a difficult economy as is most of the auto industry.

People at consumer reports who can not figure out MFT does not help ford.

I do not own an explorer, but I placed an order today. MFT may not be perfect, but it seems like a reasonable person can grasp the issues today (not that there were not issues in the past)

I would not shed a tear for ford or any auto company today.

Diversify and buy etf's (but I am not telling you what my portfolio is currently - sorry)QUOTE]

Not sure anyone really cares how or where you invest.......remember...you're just in a lowly Ford Explorer forum like the rest of us......

... took nothing from the government.

bingo

billions from tax payers that gm refused to pay back never hurts the company getting the free money (or the union thugs)

just the tax payers

Diversify and buy etf's (but I am not telling you what my portfolio is currently - sorry)QUOTE]

Not sure anyone really cares how or where you invest.......remember...you're just in a lowly Ford Explorer forum like the rest of us......

I'm up just over 16% per year compounded for the last 10 years.

btw, I like the explorer

Back