Badlands June 29, 30, July 1st | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands June 29, 30, July 1st

kert...jsut so you know, you will need some sort of orange flag on your truck that extends over the roof....I use a bicycle safety flag zip tied to my antenna ( kinda redneck i know). they sell flags there, but they are like 10 bucks....

Ya, I saw that on their web site. I'm just gunna steal one off of one of the go-carts out at my parents. Do you know if the campsite closes to "check in" anytime? It's like a 7 hour drive over there for me. (Sad that it's still one of the closer places to me)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think it closes at like 10...but they dont lock the gate or anything, so you can come in pitch you tent and square up with them in the morning...they are nice people...i thin Gjarret did that last summer at the 10th aniv run....and I know about your drive....i drove out to Omaha over memorial day weekend for a wedding...that was 10 hours of pure driving hell :D

maybe!

wow i didnt even know that there was a 4x4 place here in indiana, wait, badlands....sounds slightly familiar!
hmmmmmm, where at exactly in indiana is it???? im way down near b-town, im in ellettsville, and im not sure where attica is!!!
lived here my whole life and never heard of it lol!
ummmmm, im deff interested! needa see if work will let me do it!
well i just checked, my schedual is not made up yet! so if i can get the days off im prolly going!
how non-extreem is it???? will 4x4 be needed all the time???
cause i think my CV's or whatevers in the front are going out! cause when 4x4 is on and i turn i get poping, and grinding and such!
so i dont know, i might try and fix em when i got my 3 days off next week!
how eisy is it to fix em???? i have 2 other parts trucks, both 4x4!
so parts are here, i can prolly salvage new d-shafts just incase, and a T-case!
i tihnk it would be good for the truck, cause its not really ahd many 4x4 explorations, and the new 5-speed needs some braking in!
just needa change the fluids before i do anything!
hmmm, k well if any one wants to let me know on all this that would rock! thanks!
Godbless TJ

ohh and my truck is runnin a set of 31" westlake H280, identical to the geolander a/t II. so i think they should do great!

where at exactly in indiana is it????

cause i think my CV's or whatevers in the front are going out! cause when 4x4 is on and i turn i get poping, and grinding and such!

Look up Attica, In on mapquest. Looks like NW corner of IN.

You have a 92, correct? In that case you don't have CV's because you have the TTB. If you have auto hubs in front you will probably want to bring spairs. It's normal with 4x4's to get poping/grinding at full turn in 4x4.

Hope to see you there!

you will be fine....like kert said...its up near lafayette...if you get to indy we can head up there together....I have been many times so I know where all the trails are that will be capable with out limited mods..should be a good day...the only thing I ask is make sure you have some tow points front and rear...maybe some spare axle shafts for you ttb, but I doubt you break one, but i wont hurt.

Look up Attica, In on mapquest. Looks like NW corner of IN.

You have a 92, correct? In that case you don't have CV's because you have the TTB. If you have auto hubs in front you will probably want to bring spairs. It's normal with 4x4's to get poping/grinding at full turn in 4x4.

Hope to see you there!

ok i will look, i have google earth, so i can trust taht one! and i have manual WARN hubs, i think i have a spare one that i can pull off bofore, and it dont happen at full turn, just when it starts to turn and then on out! till it goes strait, and it starts jumping and such, u think it could be the hubs them self? they were on it when i got the truck! thanks alot, im hoping i can go! if money and work will let me!
and maybey my brother, hes about to get a 90 ranger, so maybe! thanks!

you will be fine....like kert said...its up near lafayette...if you get to indy we can head up there together....I have been many times so I know where all the trails are that will be capable with out limited mods..should be a good day...the only thing I ask is make sure you have some tow points front and rear...maybe some spare axle shafts for you ttb, but I doubt you break one, but i wont hurt.

ummm, ok we can head up there together, this is if i can go!
and i have a brush guard in front, and i have a winch in the back so i should be able to be towed if necisary! haha!

I might try and make it.

Attachments

• 100_1097.jpg
    100_1097.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 182
  • P3250089.JPG
    P3250089.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 175
  • a.JPG
    a.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 193

theres no lurching, just poping and cracking....
my 93 didnt do it, but this 92 does! could it be bad lock outs?????
my 93 had autos on it when i bought it, and after a bit, they started to pop, and then i needed them andBAM they were gone!!!!
started spinning inside the hub, so i went and got some manuals! and never had a prob, thent the 92 came about! and now the poping, it has me bafled!
i thought about just swaping frontends on the trucks, but if mine has ttb, what ever that is lol, then i dont thing it would work, would it??? lol sorry about not knowing this!

i might have to do that! or atleast get one so if mine decides to pop! then i got a backup!
should i just change the enternals, or should i change the whole setup???
cause i dont want to change it all, i dont have the time for that!
ohhh and i have an ungodly loud rattle under my truck, could it be the radius arm bushings??? the part taht goes onto the fram???? cause it sounds like em lill disks are floping and making a rattle! thanks again!
theis are issues that i would love to have fixed before i would go!

could be i have no idea...i would not think you need to swap the entire front end..thats alot of work, plus you have to make sure they have the same gears.........maybe just swap the hubs and see how that works, and maybe bring a spare set of axle shafts...

could be i have no idea...i would not think you need to swap the entire front end..thats alot of work, plus you have to make sure they have the same gears.........maybe just swap the hubs and see how that works, and maybe bring a spare set of axle shafts...

how easy is it to snatch the axle shafts out from it????? just remove the stuff from the pumpkin and pull???

alright, well im guessing tuesday iwill take it apart, get my shafts, and then swap my hubs, and whats the best way, besideds drilling to get a lug off, the weld broke on the rotor, and now it freely spins, and i cant get the tire off! thanks!

alright, well im guessing tuesday iwill take it apart, get my shafts, and then swap my hubs, and whats the best way, besideds drilling to get a lug off, the weld broke on the rotor, and now it freely spins, and i cant get the tire off! thanks!

Why don't you PM 410fortune or post it up in another spot that see more action. I'm sure someone more knowlegable of the TTB can help you out with the axle shaft stuff and the grinding.

welp, i broke the truck tonight, the 5speeds out! i only have 4th, i dont know why! so im not guessing i can go! altho, some one just offerd me a 91 ex with a skyjaker lift and some 33's 300 bucks, so im gona try and get it! but we will see! take care!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have M50d it is usually easy fix. Just pull transfercase and extension housing. 5th and reverse in back of case. Ford had up dated kit for these. Dont know If I can make it. Trying to go next weekend with my quads. Never been there with my B2 or Explorer. Might try the quads at "The Cliffs" instead. Any one ever been there?

Back