• Register Today It's free!

Battery cables

Techmonster

Reaction score
City, State
St. Cloud, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited
I all. Looking at my battery cables recently they have alot of corrison around them. Going to repalace them this weekend, but am very confused how many battery cables there are on these things and where they all go.

From what it looks like there is a positive cable that runs fromt the battery to the starter with one aux. lead on the starter end and three on the battery end. The negative i am totally lost to where that gets grounded.
Looking in the book it looks like there are three cables avaiable for these things.

Anyone shed some light on the situation???
How many cables should i be looking for and where does that negative cable get grounded to???

94 explorer 4wd
Thanks,
Bryan

TWO< one positive and one negative. Postive goes to the starter, negative goes to the engine block. Just follow the cables with your hand.

You would do better to replace the whole cable if it's has lots of corrosion. The cables have a tendency to develope corrosion inside the cables which will also cause problems.

I had that problem with mine. After I replaced my cables I cut open the old cables and found lots of corrosion 6" into the cable from the battery end. Anyway cables are fairly cheap and very easy to replace.

I think there is a thread on this problem.

PS : Matt get back to work on that Fiberglass Panel were all waiting to see the final product.

Back