battery drained / wont jump weird stuff going on. help!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

battery drained / wont jump weird stuff going on. help!!

Mxracer532

Reaction score
City, State
kennewick, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Ok so somehow a light got left on in our 2012 limited and drained the battery. So I put a charger on it and noticed the front marker and turn signal lights come on and were staying on. I tried everything to shut them off & nothing worked.i let it charge for about 3hrs and it still had the lights on and it was like the battery wouldn't take anymore than 6v and the charger said it was 71% charged. I decided to grab the keys and see if would do anything and of course I got nothing. So with it being late and my wife needing her car back I thought what the hell I will grab a spare battery and jump it off it. Hooked it up and immediately it was like it normally is only it was doing a systems check and the cd was going in and out. When it stopped I pushed the button to start it only to have it click and the front passenger headlight flash a few times then nothing. I dont get it, whats going on here? I rehoked up the battery charger and heard some clicking in the fuse box but the turn signal and marker light stay on still. Im at a loss. Whats the deal?????

Do you know which light stayed on to cause this problem? The battery saver program turns off most lights after a period of time. However, I don't think it turns off the parking lights if they are left on.

Battery Saver
If you leave the courtesy lamps, dome lamps or headlamps on, the
battery saver shuts them off 10 minutes after you switch the ignition off.
Accessory Mode Battery Saver for Intelligent Access Keys
(If Equipped)
If you leave your vehicle in the run ignition state, it will shut off once it
detects a certain amount of battery drain or after 45 minutes.

I think a trip to the dealer is definitely in order. I think your battery is also likely in for a replacement.

Peter

Peter, I believe it was the parking lamps.

Back