• Register Today It's free!

Beat a jeep!!

97greenmonster

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
My best buddy has a 95 XJ(cherokee) and i have a 97 XLT, so we found a good place to off road for our stock trucks, and we rode with him into the forest. After a while of riding, he gets stuck. so we got him out with our arms, and then he tried it again, but this time he piled wood in the trench to get through but he plied alot of big logs. He went in and started getting stuck and floored it, his axle spun, but the tire didnt.. POP, tires DONE. so i got my truck, pulled him out and had to change his tire to a flat spare so he crawled his way out almost needing my help, and then crawled home on the shoulder of the highway at 5 miles per hour.. HA, i made it through the trails way better. AH i love explorers. hes been gloating how much better jeeps are then explorers off road because he has a couple more inches of ground clarence.
:D :exp: PWNED :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Getting down to the nitty gritty, jeeps are better for off road in general.

The driver also plays a huge role in how a vehicle performs.

I agree.. Hes a really crapy driver, so thats where i had him, he makes bad choices. and yea. i would agree tho!

Heeps are just better generaclly....but alot of that is due to a solid front end...

Yea, and shorter wheel base, he can make it over humps i bottom out on. so yea, but mine has more power hands down, i backed up a 45 degree hill and pulled a tree out today. i love my truck!

Getting down to the nitty gritty, jeeps are better for off road in general.

The driver also plays a huge role in how a vehicle performs.

"ditto" :D

Back