Before: '99 Eddie Bauer; After: Modern '61 Land Rover | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before: '99 Eddie Bauer; After: Modern '61 Land Rover

My dad and I have been working on this for about three years, and its finally pretty much finished except for some detail work and a full interior. I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to post it, but figured it was as good as any to show what can be done with an Explorer.

Before...

rover9.jpg

After...

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

In between...

rover11.jpg

rover12.jpg

rover14.jpg

rover24.jpg

-justin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

okay, how did you register it ?
What VIN did you use ?
What is the vehicle name on the insurance card ?

This project is nuts.

That's an excellent question. It is registered with antique tags and insured as the '61 Rover. Its really not much of an issue at all in AR. I'm hanging on to the the Explorer title as well and could register it that way in another state if I had to. Nonetheless, it will always maintain two titles. If I was to move to a different state, I would probably go ahead and stamp the frame alongside the OEM VIN with the Rover VIN. It would be no different than replacing the stock Rover chassis with a new galvanized one as is the usual upgrade.

As far as insurance, I have a very good local agent who builds hotrods himself, so we negotiated an acceptable agreed-upon value.

-justin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One of the most awesome before and afters ive seen on here!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

very sweet and awesome skills

Wild card!

Holy crap!! :eek: That thing is freakin awsome!

nice job

That is one of the coolest things I have seen on these forums. Awesome project!

Back