Before and after painted bumpers and side skirts | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before and after painted bumpers and side skirts

Well I finally got her back here is the before and afters of my trucks face lift. I absolutly love it.
Before
View

View

And here are the after. ;-)
View

View

View

View

My next step is to get my mirrors painted and my new spoiler on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sideswipe, that brand is? heh, I'm not gonna replace mine any time soon, but I'd like to know..

The red is very very sweet, it looks like yer goin street, if so, a 2" drop, some performance suspension, and a supercharger would be sweet..

Grey doesn't look bad tho guys :p

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well the bulbs are that Japanese brand. They look like the hyper blue ones but are in a different language. For me they were $10 a pair for the small ones. and 10 each for the wedge bulbs.
Thanks alot guys for all the responses. Hopefully soon I will start on customizing the interior. I want to work on performance more though. Mods for the SOHC are limited though. Explorer express is still working on their charger. I would love to get that when it comes out.
I do have as much of a drop as I can for now, and eldebrock shocks and the rear sway bar. The 17" rims and Michilen Pilots make her handle suprisingly well. Its no carerra 4S, but about as good as any other SUV I would say.

Wow, I really like how it came out. If i can make a suggestion. You should get a billet grill for the lower part of the bumper to finish off the front. And maybe some wheel spacers. Love the truck.

I made this real quick to give you an idea what the mirrors painted would look like, personally I think you should leave em like they are.

Dead Link Removed

LOVE IT! looks kind of like the new lightning with that grille. Most people Jack them not lower them. Is it lowered? I guess lowering SUVs its a NJ thing. I like the rear wing. What brand is it? How much did you pay for it? I live in NJ not too far from you if you could tell me where you bought it I would apprecitate it.

DarkFox1-

I would tell ya the name of the bulbs if I understood Japanese/Mandarin/Szechuan....lol, but unfirtunately I don't!

The spoiler is just a lund windjammer, you can get it at any autoaccessory shop. I believe I go mine from carparts.com. I do have 1" spacers for the wheels, but there is a slight problem with it. They are the good kind that have their own studs, and you just bold the existing to the new spacer. But the existing studs are about a 1/4 inch too long, and the stick out and prevent your from bolting everything together flush. I work in a machine shop and chopping the studs is no problem, its just a matter of taking it all apart so I can cut them.
About the billet grill, as far as I know no one makes the lower piece for a 99 sport. I think it would look awsome with it too, but I cant find any for my year. Yes my truck is lowered the 1 3/4 inch drop. Whenever I put my new spoiler on I might go ahead about buy the explorer express air dam for my truck. I think it makes it look pretty wicked.

theres an idea for ya.. the 1st sort of.. lightning explorer heh, you already have the euro clear tails.. I think with some crystal eyes and painted mirrors you'd be cookin.. we neeeeeeeeed those crystal eyes!

I would say definitly go and get the Explorer Express airdam, I think it would look insane.

Yeah, going by that picture I think there would be too much red up around the hood/doors. I would say stay with the black. But hey, do what you want. And I think the wheel spacers would be cool looking, especially in back to fill out the flares.

Great Truck

Sweet ride man, couldnt do it any better myself. I have the same luck as you, i rear ended someone and tore up my front end. Thats a stull billet? How did you mount the indiglo gauge to it? Did you have to cut the existing center stuff out? Here's a pic of my disaster
Dead Link Removed

Goes in the shop thursday, i cant wait for it to be finished. Already have the new billet ready to be put on, and my rims came in i went with 18" Limited Alloy Model 011. I'll post pics as soon as i get it back.

Again great looking truck, definately keep us posted on your progress. I am going for the clean look, were those bulbs called "Hybrid"? I saw some at my local shop they were imported with all kinds of chinese on the packaging but i made out the word Hybrid on it :)

Peace

Jornum,
your truck looks amazing! have always preferred monochrome look, those bumpers and flares look great! i agree that the mirrors look better black. i like the black step pads on the bumper too and 17" wheels always look nice.
Rick H.

dont paint anymore and get some bigger rims....that front shot looks sweet.

What make/model grill do you have on your truck? It looks super and I want one!

Care to comment on its installation?

Thanks....

I would love to have 20's on my truck, but she is aimed at performance as well as looks, so I went with the 17's. The billet insert is from stull. I got it from carparts.com really easy to install, just cut the inner piece out, line up the gril and drill 4 screws in. The ford symbol is a lumi logo, and its on there with just 3m heavy duty double sided tape. I am going to leave the mirrors black, but change the position of the antenna and put the new spoiler on.
I just put my slotted rotors on the front today, they look awsome. I will take some pics tomorrow
Jason

It would look much much better w/ 18's on You have a lot of rubber on those rims. I think you could easily get 18's on without sacrificing performance. Sideswipe has 18's on his truck and he loves them and swears that it rides great. Just a thought. Later

Hey Jornum, I'm not sure if this will work for your truck, but I found a company that makes the billet grille for the lower part of the bumper. Its actaully an ebay auction:

Dead Link Removed

someone on here painted their explorer all white, including the ventvisors and the rear view mirrors. I'll look for it.

Can anyone please post your painted bumper pictures again, I am doing the same thing and would like to take a peek,

Thanks

? pics ?

the pics are gone :rolleyes:

Back