Before.... and after. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before.... and after.

My Sportster as it evolved over one year of on and off modifications.

Before:
496rear_01.jpg

and after:
496after08.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm really interested in the lower part of it (without the grille guard, I think) let me know... It's just what I've been looking for. So it's custum? or it was made by a manufacturer in poland??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the guy claims that he can build anything... it was custom built for Explorer to handle trail stuff... I can ask the guy

great, thanks a lot.

so what is the big deal, you washed it right? :D

that's right.... finally washed it.
:D

getting some more info on the bumper... are you sure nobody else around here can fab something like this for you?

Also... you need it for a 2nd gen. "X"... right?

got my winch... Mile Marker 12000 should do it... and the whole set-up should be installed later in the week...

Yeah, 2nd gen. I haven't looked into anyone else who might be able to do it. Yours is the first custom one I've seen that I like.

This guy fabs lots of things for the off-road crowd in and around Warsaw, Poland. He's pretty good at it too... just checking my bumper and looking it over you won't be able to tell that it was built at some small shop.

BTW... my truck runs great now... I still have to do something about the rear spare tire carrier... there is a possibility that I would sell the rear pre-runner bumper and go for something tougher... bigger... like the ones Kennesaw Mountain Accesories made for us about a year ago. Will see...
:cool:

if I only knew before... I was thinking about selling it since I had no real use for the spare tire carrier... little design flaw... and finally decided to cut it off...

for now the bumper stands on it's own - I have installed an extra set of lights in it and brackets to mount hi-lift jack...

coryL makes these... that was his creation. Visit Off-Road Tube Work Bumpers, Sliders Forum and ask him...

mine was not built properly - I had a problem with it from the beginning... had to cut the latch off since I couldn't close/open the rear hatch...

96 should be the same as 94 back there... front mounts have changed but nothing has changed in the back untill 1998 model year.

Overhead console: from where and what kind?

Your ex looks great! I have a 93 sport that looks exactly like your 'before' photo!
I'm wondering - what kind of overhead console did you get and where did you get it from?
I'm looking for mods for looks mostly.

Have you taken off the side moldings?

PJ

Dre said:
Updates:
6" Skyjacker Stage II in front;
SOA in the back with new axle (4.10 and disk brake upgrade);
Front end with 4.10 and Powertrax lock-right;
33" meats on 15X10 RockCrawlers;
Manual hubs;
Pre-runner rear bumper with spare tire carrier;
Headman headers with turbo exhaust;
KKN intake with filter;
Bosch plugs and wires;
addition of overhead console;
Surco roofrack;
rewired interior to handle more gizmos;
200A alternator.

Coming very soon:
ARB style bumper with a winch;
CV joint drive shaft modification;
traction bars...

more, more, more... never ending quest.

Private_Joker said:
Your ex looks great! I have a 93 sport that looks exactly like your 'before' photo!
I'm wondering - what kind of overhead console did you get and where did you get it from?
I'm looking for mods for looks mostly.

Have you taken off the side moldings?

PJ

I have taken down "tupperware" - mouldings that ran along the bottom of the door and around fenders since I had to trim front fenders and cut lower portion of the rear rocker panel. Overhead console was purchased on ebaY... but when you buy make sure you know what you're getting. I noticed people selling complete outfits now (overhead console with mounting bracket and temp sensor). When you buy console only you'll have to buy bracket and temp sensor seperately. If console comes with no plug (electrical connector) don't panic. I soldered all my wires and ran seperate wiring harness to the console itself... no biggie. As for additional mods for looks only? There should be plenty.

Need more info just ask.

:)

Looks Good! Even though I'm not a fan of lifted trucks, but looks good ;)

looks good!! Like the back bumper set up! no problems w/ police pulling you over ? back bumper and tires that size?

Chico... bumper was built by CoryL off this board. Look into Tube works forum for more info. So far I had no problems with cops giving me trouble... truck is great so far... and here's an updated pic:
496truck013.jpg

Back