best cheap speakers | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

best cheap speakers

Originally posted by expo5.0
solo barics do have a problem with being sqaure... they have very weak sq which of course they aren't built for anyways
translation for garth: the square kicker solobaric is made for the loud "boom" instead of actually having good sound quality.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most of Kickers subs are for spl. I guess i shouldn't of mentioned square speakers.

My main thing is 5x7 vrs 6.5. It's a known fact that sound waves are round but that doesn't mean that a 5x7 doesn't sound as good as a 6.5 If you where to sit in my truck and you didn't know i had 5x7's in the front you would think they where 5.25 or 6.5's

I whole point was to the original poster thats looking for a "cheap" replacement speaker. Going 6.5 you will need to buy material to make them fit which will add to the cost. 5x7's should just drop in no problem.

mhn3773 ^he just told u the scientific reasoning take it or leave it..but all finding are on max output at optimal settings and so properly powring both square and round and pushing both square and round to there limits thats what u get
Who pushes there speakers to there limit? I mean for a daily driver to push a speaker to it's limit you would think you need to upgrade your speakers. I admit at times I push my subs to there limit but my JL's have a 70wrms rating and a clean 70wrms is loud.

remember that i recommended 5 by 7s myself- i just took offage to the brick in the water thing.

70 wrms is loud when its clean- my 4" get more than that...

i also definitely push my speakers to and past their limits more frequently than i should

remember that i recommended 5 by 7s myself- i just took offage to the brick in the water thing.
so did I.

your putting over 70wrms into a 4"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it's a dedicated mid.
I blew one of my JL's putting them past their limit. My comp amp is putting out alot more power then they can handle. The voic coil didn't burn the cone popped out clean with no smell. JL replaced the set and I no longer play them past there limit. BTW my amp's gains are all the way down. Gotta love the old RF amps!

keeping the gains down doesn't mean your not using all of the power of the amp

i have a 500a2 powering my components- 70 was a bit of an exaggerationg its probably more like 55 or 60 wrms to the 4"

Infinity Reference 5752cf

Get those. I have 2 pairs and they sound very good. They have a tweeter that rotates for better imaging. For the price, you won't find anything better.

Back