• Register Today It's free!

best deal of my life

91xon35s

Reaction score
City, State
fort collins colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 explorer
ok so im checkin on craigslist and im lookin for fullwidth axles, i come across a guy with a hp dana 44 out of a 79 f150 and i call him up, he says he wants 250 for the front axle and steering stuff so i figure hey thats a good deal, then i go out to look at the truck and its still got a 9in rear in it, i ask him what he wants for that and say 200, so i figure hey i might as well buy it and go fullwidth for under 500 bucks, i tell him ill get back to him, he calls me and says that i can have the hole truck for 500 bucks, so i got back today and say well man i have no need for the hole truck and i only have 350 bucks, he says its a deal, so i got a full 79 f150 with hp dana 44 and 9in rear and transfer case for 350 bucks.....my sas starts next week

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my god that is a good deal. good buy.

That is an awesome deal, Are you going with leafs or coils up front? also, are you going to sell your 8.8? if so what gears do you have? Thanks.

yea im sellin my 8.8 there is 4.56 gears, and a detroit electrac locker.....

Yours set then. I had the entire truck my alxes came out of and that made it a lot easier.

yea i hope so, the only thing im tryin to figure out is that even though the front axle is already coils i think we are going to do a damn leaf spring in the front, strictly for cost issues......i mean leafs can still flex decent so it shouldnt be to bad

what are you asking for the gears and locker? and are they front and back i have stock axles....

i just sold the rear axle and the front has 4.56 gears and a detroit in it, the front is a ttb are you intersted in that?

i just sold the rear axle and the front has 4.56 gears and a detroit in it, the front is a ttb are you intersted in that?

what is a ttb? sorry im no to familiar with the lingo....

ttb is "twin traction beam". That means that your front suspension consists of two "beams" that are suspended from opposite sides of the vehicle, similar to the old twin I-beam suspensions. If your '94 is stock, then this is what you have.

ttb is "twin traction beam". That means that your front suspension consists of two "beams" that are suspended from opposite sides of the vehicle, similar to the old twin I-beam suspensions. If your '94 is stock, then this is what you have.

ok ok well would you sell the gears seperate? you said 4.56 i think would you sell those to me and i can get some rears from a company.

you have 5.5" or 6" axle pivot drop brackets? how much you want for them

schmid-ill sell the entire gears and locker set up for like 250 bucks plus shipping for the front end

95offroad-i dont exactly know what brackets your talkin about if you can describe it a bit better i can probably figure it out and tell ya

ok ill see if i can get some money in the works....school is almost out so. if you sell them before i can get the money its fine.

wow got a great deal

center hinge brackets, axle pivot brackets
CHB352.jpg

yea ill find out, im pulling my axle this weekend but il measure it up tomoorow, if ya end up wanting after my swap is done ,which will be real soon, ill give it to ya for 20 bucks or so

let me know

Back