Best Oil Blend for 1997 Ford Explorer XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best Oil Blend for 1997 Ford Explorer XLT

l3naluth0r

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997, Ford Explorer XLT
hey guys! so, I'm pretty young and need to go get my oil changed here shortly. I drive a 1997 Ford Explorer XLT (the v8) and it has about 56,000 miles on it, I also live in a hotter climate. I was wondering what oil blend yall would recommend???

Thank you so much!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use mobile 1 oil full synthetic

As for your truck
:pics:
Pictures please

10W-30 synthetic, but "best" could be splitting hairs. 10W-40 synthetic would be good too, or 20W-50 if you drive it like you stole it... and then more frequent oil changes too. If the shop only has 5W-30 synthetic I wouldn't worry about it but would not get 5W-20 or lower.

Ditto. Find the best oil you can find at Walmart or Amazon, and use that, changing it with the filter, more often than the factory recommendations.

IMO, the manufacturer doesn’t really matter. As long as it is the proper weight (or close, depending on your engine condition and climate), API rating, and it is changed at a proper interval, it will adequately protect your engine. I prefer synthetic, but that’s just my preference.

I am more picky about filters than oil, to be honest.

Back