• Register Today It's free!

Best plugs and wires

MadMike6786

Reaction score
City, State
hillsborough, nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
i have to change my plugs and wires soon i would love to get a hold of some performance stuff since i am already modified pretty heavy.

what is the best set of spark plugs to get aswell as a set of wires?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Consider Aurora on the wire front. :thumbsup:

I'm going Motorcraft for my next plugs. They still seem to be the best for our applications.

I replaced mine recently. I cant remember which wires I chose. I wanted to get Motocraft for the plugs but Discount either didnt carry them or have them in-stock, so I was recommended to get Autolite. They were just fine for me, I am happy, but then again I am stock.

Autolite makes Motocraft plugs :)

There are a plethora of quality wires out there, but Motorcraft plugs are quite probably the best for you.

Good luck ......

I opted to go with the Bosch Plat. +4 since I used to run them in my Mustangs and they were happy there.

I like the Bosch Plat 4 in if you have iron heads (I don't know if the 4.0 does or not.) Some people warn against them, I personally have never had a problem with them in 3 different 302's now.

I just put a set of Aroura wires on my Mounty, they are working good so far too.

Several of us have posted reviews on several of these parts in the Product Review Section

I run Taylor wires and Motorcraft plugs.

Which ever one you chose, make sure it is within the resistance rating in your manual.

It might say the OHMs should be under but not over 7000 for example

Just replaced mine with Motocraft plugs and wires, did notice a better idle right from the get go.

Check their website, they have an online catalog but it takes a minute or so to download, even with broadband (damn PDF.) They didn't make any for my 302. MSD was my first choice, but not available:( That is why I went with the Aroura. Still got performance 8.5mm wires, a little more $ than the MSD Mustang wires.

410Fortune said:
Autolite makes Motocraft plugs :)

They may make 'em, but in my experience the Autolite plug for the 1st gen and Motorcraft plug for the 1st gen are not the same...

Aldive, where did u get the wires from? im looking to get mine off summit but it seems to be after reading it over that i have to put them together myself which i would rather not do and i summit is closed today

MadMike6786 said:
Aldive, where did u get the wires from? im looking to get mine off summit but it seems to be after reading it over that i have to put them together myself which i would rather not do and i summit is closed today

I got mine from Performance Products ( http://performanceproducts.com/ ) several years ago.

Back