Best Windshield Wipers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best Windshield Wipers

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6
Hi there just wondering what brand of windshield wipers are the best. I currently have Rain-X Latitude for the front wipers and Rain-X Weather beater for rear as the 13" rear wiper is hard to find. Just wondering whats the best brand, I have heard oem is the best just wondering what the oem ones are. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have some michelin's that have worked well and lasted a good while. they have a solid composite frame not the metal job you typically see which means they dont freeze up and suck ass in the winter. not sure i would say they are the best thing ever, but i like them.

I like Rain-X myself. I've pretty much tried them all. The problem is changing the regularly.

I fell for the Rain-X hype and they lasted barely 6 months. I heard good things about Bosch Icons and just scored a pair recently. So far, so good.

Best blades I ever used were Silblades. Spendy and hard to find here in Canada. They lasted me about 3 years before I scored Rain-X last summer.
Posted via Mobile Device

I heard good things about Bosch Icons and just scored a pair recently. So far, so good.

I have these on the Sooper Dooty. They.. are.. awesome. :thumbsup:

Goodyear (bracket-less) from Costco = $7.99 ea. They've been great. I bought an extra set for each vehicle -- before Costco quits selling them. I couldn't even get the Michelin to mount on mine?

has anybody ever used or heard about silblade. I have heard there the best.

has anybody ever used or heard about silblade. I have heard there the best.

Best blades I ever used were Silblades. Spendy and hard to find here in Canada. They lasted me about 3 years before I scored Rain-X last summer.
Posted via Mobile Device

the oem blades on the 08 explorer are 20" according to the rain-x guide. Just wondering has anybody every put on bigger blades.

and also does anybody know what the oem blades from ford are for the 08 explorer. thanks

IMO wipers in general are a rip-off. I buy the cheapest Walmart sells. They're quiet, and they work good. I even use them in the winter....none of that "winter blade" nonsense.

IMO wipers in general are a rip-off. I buy the inexpensive ($4) Pylon brand that Walmart sells. They're quiet, and they work good. I even use them in the winter....none of that "winter blade" nonsense.

I have had Bosch on mine for over a year and the passenger side is just starting to streak and that's after a NE winter and my lazy ass dragging them over ice instead of scraping.

edwx said it right so he said it twice... lol.
The best wipers money can buy are fresh wipers. All materials suffer edge loss from simple friction. Get em cheap and get em often.
With the money you save on expensive blades you could buy other supplies. If you want to do yourself a favor, claybar for your windshield and use the 'aerosol' (not pump spray) Stoners Invisible Glass. That adds life to your wipers by cleaning and lubricating the glass.

Back