Black 2nd gen headlights now available!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black 2nd gen headlights now available!!!

Look what I found on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-0...ewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ8060800061QQrdZ1

9501ExplorerHLB.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bet those are real safe...NOT!

I don't see the point of making your lights dimmer, rather than brighter. They might look fine, but always laugh when I see people on the road with blacked out headlights. Sort of defeats the purpose of having lights in the first place.

What exactly is the deal with them? Just for looks? Unless they have corner lights too it would look pretty goofy.

yea they may be cool but i didn't see any pics of them on an explorer(rasing questions), are they DOT aproved?

i wonder that also....maby thed be alright if you had prjection headlights.....

xman98 said:
(rasing questions), are they DOT aproved?

IMHO they are DUMB approved.

I would never get sometihng like these, just thought I'd get the word out that there is someting "new" for our vehicles:) They look like a good HID projector retro candidate to me more than anything.

And if someone got these for a show vehicle, they'd look pretty funny unless they had black corners to match.

I think they'd look nice if they had black corners too, maybe in a few weeks. I dont understand how it gets the nice projection and whatnot though if the back doesnt reflect. Who wants to blind people?

Well, sometimes I do, but that's a different story entirely.

As far as looks , I think they look real stylish, as far as saftey and convience I would say :thumbdwn:

Back