Blows warm on driver side, cold on passenger HELP! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blows warm on driver side, cold on passenger HELP!

Pang

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT 2008
I have a 08 Ford Explorer manual AC with aux rear. NOT DUAL

The problem I'm having is that on the cold setting the AC would blow warm air on the drivers side while the passenger side receives cold air.

I Checked the Acuator and it looks like the motor is working since it turns when I switch it from hot to cold.

I'm guessing the problem is the blend door? The problem is I have no idea how to reach it, all the videos and pic guides are all for 3rd gen...

:D any help will be much appreciated, I have a new born and the summers here get up to 50c degrees so I want to fix these issues before April/May.

Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Please copy pdf's, need to delete ASAP. Let me know if if you need more info. GL

(dead links)

Hey thanks swshawaii, but i think the problem i have is with the blend door itself and not the acuator. Would you know how I might reach it behind the dash and fix it?

LH Blend Door R&R

RH Blend Door R&R
(dead links)

Thanks again Swshawaii, but like I said it's not the actuator. But the door itself. ;)

Sorry Pang, I live in Hawaii and am pretty dense when it comes to anything HVAC. :D

Searched the manuals and found nothing for servicing the door itself. Another description?

No need to apologize swshawaii :) thank you so much for trying to help.

Ok update! I changed my Blend Door Actuator and... no changed. Driver left side still blows warm air and the passenger cooler air.
So plan B is try and sell it before summer comes :D

Back