Blue Corner Lights Wanted BAD! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blue Corner Lights Wanted BAD!

Hey guys i keep seeing all these blue corner lights. i was reading a post about sylvania lights that were blue when off, and amber when on. I want these. What are they called and how do i get them? The post was like 6 years old so the link wouldnt work, but if anyone knows where to get these i'd be so happy! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are sylvania silverstars, you can get them at any parts store

and those are the corners and turn signals n stuff that look blue, but are amber when they're on? I thought those were the headlights.

Do you think you could find them on a website for me? I keep looking, but they keep coming up as headlights

couldn't find them on their website, but here is a picture
da5b_1_1254_1.JPG

These are so cool. DO you think you could find some online somewhere that fit a 99 explorer xlt? these are so cool i want some. Thank you so much for helping man. Whered u find the pic?

pepboys has them that where i got them for mine they should have them. i recomend them highly

those are so cool. Thank you so much for the help!

Actually, Sylvania discontinued the amber bulbs that are coated some time ago.

The Silverstar corner/signal bulbs that are in auto parts stores now are just regular white bulbs with a coating, hence they no longer have an "A" after the bulb number.

There are still places that are selling them online, but at inflated prices.

Alternatively, there are now SILVER coated amber bulbs...but not through Sylvania. You can find them on ebay, just cheapo generic made in China/Taiwan stuff, but they seem to be ok for the price, just not as bright as regular brand name bulbs, probably due to the low quality bulb used as well as the coating.

Oh that really sucks. I love the blue ones. ive seen silver ones around but you never really see the blue ones.those are awesome :( will the ones in that website fit? how many will i need 6?

Oh that really sucks. I love the blue ones. ive seen silver ones around but you never really see the blue ones.those are awesome :( will the ones in that website fit? how many will i need 6?

The ones in the link are the Sylvania "blue" ones you are looking for. They look blue when off and amber when on. The number you need depends on how many you have, sorry not that familiar with the 2nd gens. After looking at pics, I'm guessing 4. You better hurry up and order because they are discontinued by Sylvania and supplies are limited.

The rear turn signals have amber lenses so they take clear bulbs. There are SilverStar's available for the rear as well but you won't see the blue tint due to the amber lenses.

You can find a bulb replacement guide here.

Back