• Register Today It's free!

bluetooth phones

06EddieNav

Reaction score
City, State
new jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Eddie Bauer V8 Navi
has anybody installed the bluetooth phone kit on an 2006 Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i didnt know they had a bluetooth kit for cars.
any spec on it

I've done several Bluetooth installs, using the Motorola and Nokia bluetooth kits. What do you need to know?

-Burns, check out Motorola's website, they have a couple of different kits available that are hardwired into your car. Many other companies offer them as well, but I haven't used any of them aside from Nokia.

I installed the Motorola Kit in my '01 Sport, flushmounted the controls into what used to be the garage door opener holder, looks almost factory.

I just purchased a Sony Ericsson Z520a (Cingular) and love bluetooth for xfering photos and my calendar to my Mac. I want to install a bluetooth handsfree speaker phone in my truck - which ones are good?

i was wondering how it works with nextel phones

I haven't ever used a Nextel phone with one, but more than likely it will only work when making normal calls, not with the push-to-talk.

06EddieNav said:
i was wondering how it works with nextel phones

Depends on which phone you have. I use the bluetooth headset with my i836, but have to use the blutooth adapter with it. From what I have heard, the only phones that are internally blutooth enabled are the new blackberry and the i870. Everything else has to have the adapter plugged into the phone - and all it does is relay to the headset from the headset jack. You still have to turn on/off calls, direct connect, etc - from the phone.

Back