Body Lift in Progress...Help Please | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Lift in Progress...Help Please

I'm going to Canada for 5 months so it's off the cards till I get back, or till I get my Explorer shipped over there... then the fun begins...

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are the stock bolt lengths? from front to rear? Anybody know? I have really stiff EarthQuake spring material that my company made when I worked there, and I think I have enough to do about 10 EX's. I am not sure on the compound, but it is a propriatary blend, and my dogs can't even chew a piece without breaking a tooth....

I have a body lift related question and I didn't want to start another thread so I hope you don't mind.

I am starting my lift and I ran across a similar problem with the front mounts. I got the nuts off the top of the mount by using a long extension down through the core support. It was easy and I thought things were going great. Then I tried to get the bolt out of the mount......I can spin the head but it ends up turning the bushing itself with it. Is the inner sleeve of the bushing threaded? I was trying to pound the bolt down through but it wont budge. Should I just clamp the bushing with a vise grip as stated before in the thread and try to turn the bolt head again? I really don't want to have to drill any bolts out. That would be no fun! lol I am just wondering what the best technique is to get this out without creating more work for myself.

One of my front mounts was seized like yours is when i did my BL. It helps to have an extra set of hands because what i did was have someone get a tight grip on the bushing with a big set of channel locks while i was under it with an impact gun goin' at it. Took some time but eventually came out.

Ok, I will have to give that a try. I don't have any large channel locks or vise grips so I may have to stop by the harbor freight after work tomorrow to pick one up.

All of the other bushings are going real easy so far. Once all the stock bolts are free this project should be a breeze.

Soak the living hell outta it with PB and let it sit a while. Channel locks or a pipe wrench around the bushing and just keep at it. They'll eventually come out.

I actually got one off last night and then went to bed. lol I wouldn't be able to sleep unless I gave it another try. I used a vise grip to squeeze the top portion of the metal bushing to the body itself. It held well enough for me to remove the bolt with a ratchet. My harbor freight impact was going too slow for my liking. After work today I will tackle the other one. I don't expect it to put up any more of a fight.

Thanks for the help guys!

Finally got tires

km2.jpg

0916091742.jpg

xplod.jpg

33/12.5/15 BFG KM2 on 15x10 Cragars
I need to trim a lott in the front. Any tips?

Back