Body Lift Question

96Xtreme

Reaction score
City, State
Muskegon, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
Hey,
Im just making sure I got this right. I did my research but Im just double checking. I want to get a performance accessories body lift for my 96, 4 door. The part number is 853 correct? Also how necessary are the gap gaurds?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup. Right part number. Don't need gap gaurds unless you want them. I don't have them. Check my sig for pics below. :cool:

Thanks guys,
I ordered the kit already, but I have one general question. What does everybody do with their trailer hitch? I still need mine becuase I do a lot of towing over the summer. I have a hide-a-hitch and I know its not going to hidden anymore once I get the body lift. So does everybody just leave them or take them off?

I asked Gerald (GJarrett) the same question, he took his off. However, I use mine for towing a small utility (motorcycle) trailer and would like to keep it as a rear tow point. After checking the Hidden Hitch FAQs on their web site, it looks like you'll have to go with something custom. I plan to fab some mounting plates that will raise the hitch 2.5" (I have a 2" BL), so it's just below the frame/rear bumper. I think I'm going to use 2x4x.250 rectangular stock for the end plates.

Back