another body lift question

davidmmm69

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
2010 Ford Explorer V6 Fall River Ma...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
on my 95 2WD I just ditched the plan of doing spindles up front due to cost and can not get any under $750 with shipping included..

SO i want to do a 2 inch body lift and All i see is people doing 3 inch lifts..
what number is for the 2 inch at performance acc..
also what is the main differnce besides the 1 inch oviously betweeen the 2 and 3 inch lifts.
Do i still have to mess with the bumpers with 2 inch body lift??
Like steering??
radiator??
bumpers??
do these need to be modified with just the 2 inch lift..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PA-793.. Look in the Useful thread section of this forum.. That area is often forgotten when it comes to finding quick info. There is so useful info on the 2" body lift install.

2" body lift will have less problems with everything, steering extender, hoses, wires, cables, etc.
Use a little trimming to clear the tires with the 2" I say

little triing for what. I can not fit 33' and they rub just a very very little..
i figure with that i can almost lear 35'.. that i my goal eventually..

So with the 2 inch lift...
Do i still have to mess with the bumpers ??
Like steering??
radiator??
bumpers??

also what different things o i have to do if i go from the 2 inch to the 3 inch.
i would rather get that 3rd inch if possible without messing anything up.

If it's anything like the body lifts for 91 to 94, I have done two. One on a 91 and one on a 94. You will have a steering extention to go on your steering shaft right were it comes out of the firewall. 2nd you also get brackets to lower your radiator fan shroud down. And lastly the front bumper dont need brackets, it can be adjusted up. You can use the brackets for the rear. I know that the body lifts for the 91-94 came with the bumpers brackets.
If you want go to my photo gallery to see my 94XL it has 2" bl , 2" spacers some of the pic's are with 33's and some are with 31's. Hope this helps. :)

Back