• Register Today It's free!

Body Lift?????

4.0powered

Reaction score
City, State
KELOWNA B.C
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT
just wondering if you can do a body lift on a 3rd generation ex, is this a huge job and how much would it roughly cost? will it effect any components on the vehicle? i'm only looking for a 1" to 2" lift so some 265/75/16 tires fit nicely in the wheel wells with out looking to crambed in there. is there any other options as well for a small lift like this?
thanks...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let me prefix this with, I haven't done a body lift to a SUV before. However, I had a friend do a 3" body lift to his jeep, and it took him 3~4 to do the lift.

I am also interested in lifting my 2003 ether 1" or 2".

If you are going to do only a 1" lift then it may be easier (and cheaper) to contact a 4WD shop and see if they would just sell you the spacers individually instead of trying to buy a Ford Ranger kit and make it fit.

I say go for it! Just remember to take notes and post pictures back to the form.

Pretty mucn its just spacers in between the body. You would need to make a rad drop bracket. Also your steering shaft would need to be extended if its the 3" blocks you would go with.

also the brake lines dont have any slack in them for streching, the parking brake cable is pretty tight too

4.0powered said:
just wondering if you can do a body lift on a 3rd generation ex, is this a huge job and how much would it roughly cost? will it effect any components on the vehicle? i'm only looking for a 1" to 2" lift so some 265/75/16 tires fit nicely in the wheel wells with out looking to crambed in there. is there any other options as well for a small lift like this?
thanks...

um wait a second, 265/75/16's fit on my 02 without rubbing, I don't even think you need a lift

Back