body mounts fix? $400 is this reasonable? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

body mounts fix? $400 is this reasonable?

01Rockstar

sport trac has a 3" body lift on it and is sooo squeaky. I was told it was the body mounts. Talked to a guy at a 4x4 shop locally here and told me that if I need body mounts replaced I will need to get a whole new body lift kit and it will be around $400 to fix. Is this true?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you shouldnt need a new body lift,as the spacers in the bodylift arent the bushings.

but the price sounds about right for someone to do the bushings for you. if you can do it yourself it will be cheaper

He can't do all the body mounts for $400. Maybe he meant $400 for labor?

You don't need to get an all new body lift kit, either. At least, I can't think of a reason you would. I'd like to hear any ideas about why that would be necessary.

Oops, that's what I meant to type. Maybe $400 plus labor.

Mine aren't that bad but I do plan to do mine within a year or so. Keep us updated on how your work goes.

I will keep yall updated I am thinking I justto do them myself so i can have $75 an hour. I know i have to pull the seats in the back and the mats in front and back.

Yeah, of you did your body lift you shouldn't have any trouble changing out the body bushings.

Are the bushings dry rotted or crumbling? they might just need to be greased alittle or the body bolts might need retorqued or taken out and have red loctite put on the bolts and put back in. They could've worked themselves loose.

yeah I think I am just going to retorqe them and see cause they didnt look too bad when I did the body lift. didnt look great but werent frame on freame or anything like that.

Back