Body roll on a 2WD sport trac

porkchop

Reaction score
City, State
Rogers, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport trac 4x2
Hey guys,
I have some questions about eliminating some body roll. I have'nt found that many aftermarket parts out there that can help with this other than a rear sway bar. Is this a good move? Does it help that much? I don't want to lower necessarily, as I plan to tow alot. Will lowering affect this. So, I have been thinking about a 3" body lift. Now, this will not help in body roll will it? Please help me out here.

a body lift will raise your center of gravity and increase the amount of body roll you experience.

Sway bars are designed to reduce body roll, stiffer springs and shocks will also help.
First consider replacing your sway bar bushings with urethane, and possibly upgradig the sway bars (Explorer Express)

Your body is mounted to the frame using rubber pucks from the factory, replacing these with urethane will help a great deal (no lift required) but you will also lose some of the factory "dampening" noise and vibration wise.

You will notice your frame also flexes quite a bit when offroad or cornering, bracing or plating can be used to stiffen up the frame, but I would see this as something to be done WAY down the road when building a serious hard core beast (either for a high HP V8 drivetrain, or for adding a cage for wheeling)

I appreciate the info. I will give that a try. The sway bars at explorer express are the ones I have seen. thanks again.

I not totaly sure if this works on sport tracs, but i'm pretty sure that if you do the torsion twist on the front end it will firm it up resulting in less body roll, it will also give you up to a 2 inch lift (front only, you will need shackles or add-a-leaf to level out the truck about $50 each). just some ideas

Back