• Register Today It's free!

bodyKits

thechadsranger

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Ranger
Anyone know of a different body kit for a 93 ranger other then the drift kit. looked all over and can't find one. time to pick other peoples brain.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are lots of companies out there. Stillen, SLP, DGmotorsports, Razzi, erubini(sp), go industries, thats just to name a few off the top of my head. Me, I'm thinking of getting the slp kit for my splash, if they make them for the flareside. hope this helps.

drift kit???

do they make a drift kit for 91-94 explorers,, and if so could someone please give me a url or some other info?? ppplleeaaasseeeee,, thanx!

driftkit

nae they don't make a drift kit for the explorer. at least not that i know

IMO....body kits=ricerism.....ricerism=big eww....but if u painted them i might like it....:D

i have gotin the lowest lowering kit i can for it. 3 in the front 4 in the back and it's not low enough. got to do something. know of anything eles?

well i can tell you that 3/4 is not the lowest you can make it.

You can combine beams and springs up front for at least 5 inches.

Out back you can combine lowering leaf springs and blocks for 6. Though, i would suggest a C-notch if you do 6 in the back.

ok mine is a 93'. where can i gt the springs and leaf spring from. DJM said they dont have any and don't know of anyone who does. and a search on the internet doesn't bring anything up.

Check out http://www.rangerpowersports.com . Many of the members are running 5/6 drop, but don't expect a very good ride. Next step would be adjustable suspension.

Don't buy a ricey body kit just because you want to be lower. That's the ultimate ricer mentality and I know you're not that type of person.

Belltech makes a 5" and 5.5" kit for your year ranger. Its a little on the expensive side though.

but that is fr the ex. cab mine isn't ex. cab thats what sucks

I don't know what the difference would be between the ex cab and the regular cab suspensions. I had a friend who had the 5/5.5 drop on his 93 regular cab and everything went on fine as far as i know.

There is no difference in suspension.

If you already have a 3/4 then you probably already are running I beams all you have to do is get springs and a bigger block I had a 5/6 on my old 93"ranger. But I ran 1" springs and it wasent low enough so i got them heated another inch. But you will need a c-notch or it will ride like sh#t.

Just please dont heat your springs. when you do that it weakens the metal and there a chance that sometime down the road they will snap. If you must do something to alter the springs you have, cut them. the best choice of course would be to purchase the right springs though.

Originally posted by SmoothKriminal
Just please dont heat your springs. when you do that it weakens the metal and there a chance that sometime down the road they will snap. If you must do something to alter the springs you have, cut them. the best choice of course would be to purchase the right springs though.

Not to mention that they change the spring rate and make your truck bounce up and down like all hell when going over every bump.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

also they can warp really bad out of shape and rub against other parts
my girlfriends hondas springs were heated before she bought it now the control arm rubs against the spring

Back