Bolt pattern difference? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bolt pattern difference?

Does anyone know if there is a bolt pattern difference between my 96 X and a 85 full size Bronco. And if so what is the bolt pattern for the Bronco. I got a deal in the working and I need to know if these rims will work. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

X is 5 on 4.5

Bronco is probably on 5.5.

How you doing Alec? I am in the making of buying this 85 Bronco and I am going to the extreme of transforming my X onto that Bronco platform and make it hugh. But it has no rims and tires and I was wondering if my X tires and rims would fit the front and rear axles. Well basically the rims not the tires. And then I am going to put the spindle lift up for sale with also the tires.

nope the bronco and f150 use a 5 on 5.5" pattern the explorer ranger b2 and mustangs use a 5 on 4.5" pattern

and his name is alec, not alex.....

Yeah I know his name it was a type error. and fixed it.

sounds like a badass project,

but you'll have to find another set of rims

do the 85's have the Straight axle in front?

if not you should look for an older bronco like a late 70's that has the straight-axle

Originally posted by Ford_Racing_Guy
do the 85's have the Straight axle in front?

if not you should look for an older bronco like a late 70's that has the straight-axle
The only full size Broncs with solid fronts were 78-79.

No it has the TTB front end. But I already bought a SA about a month ago and when I saw this Bronco in a back yard and only wanted me to tow it out of her yard and it would be mine, I could not pass it up and I got to thinling afterwards that it would be a badass transformation to take the undercarriage of the Bronco and swap it to the X. I was going to do a front end swap with the front end I bought and look for spring perches(cups) and other doodaas and then this came along. So what the hell, go all out. So tomorrow I have a towing company picking it up for me and this weekend I should be getting started. I am going out tomorrow and buying a welder and a grinder and small torch set to get started on doing hopefully everything myself. It is probably going to piss my neighbors off, but hell w/them.

The question becomes why? Why not stick the axles on your X? What is the advantage of doing a SAS on the Bronc frame, then trying to fit your X body on it?

what do you plan on doing motor wise?

please tell me your gonna use the V8

I do not know the answer to that other than that I already have it. But I was thinking of that same thing myself. I will come up with a for sure answer once I get the Bronco here and then I will see how it all looks. I wish it could be a simple thing as to swap bodies, and just modify the body mounts. But that is never going to work. At least I think in theory it won't. But like I said, it will be a trial and error thing. All I got is time, and space. I hope it is more trial than that of error. But you only learn and and accomplish it by only getting out there and doing it. Right? So cross your all fingers and I will post pics as I go along and work this out. Any suggestions could help, if someone has attempted this before or something similar.

Yes the motor and x-fer and x-mission is all working. I probably will have to disassemble the upper end and clean it all up from the excessive sitting and fuel varnish buildup. But it cranked up and ran and the truck was sitting on blocks and the old lady said that someone came into her yard and stole the tires and fims and the front bumper in the night hours. But I put it in gear and the rear and front did rotate. It is a 302. So it is going to be a challenge. But like I said before it is all trial and error time.

I bought me a Datsun B210 when this was going to be a front end job and drive train. but now it is going to be a good thing to have this car, because I can see this is going to take awhile.

Back