• Register Today It's free!

BORG WARNER 4405 rebuilt diary

ARTURPOLAND

Reaction score
City, State
POZNAN, POLAND
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 HIGHCLASS
hi, I have made a rebuilt of BW 4405, bought parts at drivetrain.com (fair prices, quick delivery - even to Europe). It took me 5 days of job (afternoons) to complete the taks. day first: pulling the T case from the vehicle (electrical connectors, front and rear driveshaft). At this stage an assistant reqired - T case is quite heavy. day two: dissasembly part by part (if you don't have to do not disassemble the clutch, I did it and then i spent half an hour on reassembly). day three: changing bearings and gaskets, fork assembly and chain (be carefull, there are different chain sizes !), seals.
day four: sealing both halves together with the sealant and screws, drying, oil fill, check for leakage. day five: putting the T - case into the vehicle (new gasket required between transmission and t case. (at this stage you need additional pair of hands. If I decided to work intensively, two days would be enough. I posted photos of the job to the gallery. If you have questions ? I will be happy to answer.

Would love to see your pictures... I am working on a Diary myself.... I can show you how to post your pictures from he gallery into threads....

It could be a sticky if it is good. Glacier, maybe there could be a link to it in your diary to help people searching for additional information? The transmission section has a list of things which are covered in the header. It only mentions the BW 1354, and not the BW 4405.

Back