Borla exhaust for $275 is it worth it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Borla exhaust for $275 is it worth it?

99explorer5.0

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 5.0L
Now i know that i can do a search and come up with these topics but it makes me feel special when all of your answers are custom made for me :D

surfing the web i came across a site which is selling Borla exhaust for $275 + shipping for my application. Now i just sold my motorcycle yesterday so i am going to spend what i have to on exhaust and put the rest in the bank and i was planning on buying a Gibson stainless cat-back on Monday.

I believe the Gibson stainless was around $370 i think delivered to my door. Now what do you guys think is a better choice? I am not looking for something that is really loud i just want people to know i have a V8 under the hood.

I know the Borla's usually go for like $600 and i will be getting it for like half the price but i have never actually heard a borla system. Which would give me more acceleration? and which one would give me better sound?

Do any of you guys with v8's have .wav sounds of your exhaust on your truck that i can listen to with a Borla system and a Gibson system?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Borla vs Gibson and the Borla's cheaper? No brainer man, go Borla.

I second there, where did you find that deal, and do they have them for 4.0s too?

Borla All the way espically for the price .... borla sounds a little better than the gibson in my mind i love my borla system and it helps a lot on acceleration

i had a borla on my '95 when it got totalled and i'm still p.o'ed that i couldn't get it to come off before the insurance co. got it! go borla, you will not be disappointed!

btw...i would also like to know where you found the great deal.

Damn !!! i guess i should go with the Borla system. Since all you guys are interested i will post the link for them AFTER i get mine. Just in case we have the same application and you buy it before i do. But there is supposed to be more than one available.

Supposedly he has just about every year explorer 4.0L and 5.0L systems.

HeHe ... as much as i like you guys i do not want to kick myself in the ass when someone buys my system before i do.

I just emailed him and told him that i knew of a few other guys interested in systems and if he could work out a deal if we all bought systems. Hopefully he will say yes and we can all get an even better deal.

Interested!

And check the Group Purchase Rules, which are linked to in my signature, before you try to put any buys together. Thanks.

If you can get somethin together that would be awesome..if not, you can still tell me, if have a 4.0, which shouldnt deplete the 5.0 stock :D I promise I wont tell!! LMAO

Got a borla and love it. Borla all the way.

Oh ... im sorry for the group purchase thing. I didnt realize you guys had rules. If i broke any of them i appologize. I only thought there would be like 2 other guys besides me interested so i didnt see it as a group purchase.

Either way i am still waiting for a responce from him.

i think i found his source

Dead Link Removed

haha, found it :)
THis seems like a good deal though

I ended up ordering my Gibson. I emailed that guy a number of times and although he does respond to them he takes forever to respond and never gives me a striat answer on anything. Chances are that he will sell you that exhaust but i chose to go to my local auto supply store and order my Gibson through them. At least i am guarenteed to not get ripped off through them.

How do you like the Gibson exhaust?

I will let you know when i install it. I ordered it and it should come in the first week of Sept. After i get it instaled i am going to get my camcorder and make MPEGS and .wav sounds of the exhaust from inside and outside my explorer so that everyone will finually know exactly what it will sound like.

I kept asking everyone how it sounds and some people say its too quiet and others say its perfect. So to settle it i will make a movie so that everyone will know exactly how it sounds on a V8 explorer.

I am going to make before and after sound files so that you guys can hear the difference at differnt RPM's. So many of you who are planning on buying exhaust might want to subscribe to this thread to see if a Gibson is right for you.

I personally didnt want anything too loud. I have a friend that has a Firehawk with a loud mouth exhaust system on it. That car is so loud that when i go for rides in it i actually wear ear plugs because it gives me a ferocious headache.

Back