Bought 2019 Explorer Limited after returning Edge lease, good decision? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bought 2019 Explorer Limited after returning Edge lease, good decision?

I bought a 2018 Explorer XLT a year ago just before prices shot up. It has the 2.3 liter i4. Had just under 19K miles. I was looking for a truck to replace my 2004 F150 but anything newer than it in my price range had as many or more miles than my 04. Saw the Explorer and price was right. Wife has a 2017 bought new and only issue has been water pump but that was at 120K miles. I I bought mine because of how well hers has done. I didn't know much about the EcoBoost or turbos for that matter. But a year into it and I'm happy with it. I did buy the Ford Protect Premium service plan. I've owned 6 new Fords in my life and never had a warranty issue but with the electronics and EcoBoost I decided to.

I bought a 2018 Explorer XLT a year ago just before prices shot up. It has the 2.3 liter i4. Had just under 19K miles. I was looking for a truck to replace my 2004 F150 but anything newer than it in my price range had as many or more miles than my 04. Saw the Explorer and price was right. Wife has a 2017 bought new and only issue has been water pump but that was at 120K miles. I I bought mine because of how well hers has done. I didn't know much about the EcoBoost or turbos for that matter. But a year into it and I'm happy with it. I did buy the Ford Protect Premium service plan. I've owned 6 new Fords in my life and never had a warranty issue but with the electronics and EcoBoost I decided to.
Sounds great! Before Ford I had a Nissan Quest, a Rogue, and then another Quest before they stopped making them. I owned that one for 7 years and it came to a point where every 6 months I had to dump $2k into repairs. Exhaust cracked and needed catalytic converter replaced on a long road trip (12 hours away) in the US.

Traded it in and got the 2019 Edge Lease.. was awesome, every single thing worked amazing on that vehicle, never had any issues and decided since my lease was up soon I wanted an Explorer. I am actually very happy with it, it was the preowned part I needed to get over since I've always bought or leased brand new. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Back