• Register Today It's free!

Box behind third row

smittyrock3

Reaction score
City, State
Ft Stewart, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
I've seen a good thread on here about a custom built box to fit behind the third row seat but does anyone know if there is a pre fab box made that will fit behind the third row. I have a '05 XLT and I am currently in Iraq. Wife bought it for me but I'm trying to see what I will need to purchase upon my return.
I emailed MTX to see if they were going to make a stealth box like they did for I think pre '02 Explorers but they said they have no plans on making a stealth box for the new body style.

Has anyone tried a free air installation behind the third row? If so can you post pics or let me know how it sounded.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your best bet would be to look on cardomain.com for more information..Thats were i got all my ideas...

hey bro. just wait till you get back and have one made custom.. or have the wife take to a shop and have them make one.. (you can be like me have a room full of parts to put on when you get home or have everthing already on when you get there.. next time i will do the latter and and enjoy it not have to wor on it)

thanks for the info guys i'll check out cardomain and will check on the pickup box when i get home. just wanna know what i'm working against/with before i get back.

Back