quick release coupling of clutch cylinders | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

quick release coupling of clutch cylinders

For the amount of labor involved in removing and replacing the transmission I would NEVER install anything but a LUK hydraulic system
The cheapo chinese slave cylinders will last weeks, months, maybe a year before they blow apart and leak fluid everywhere.
I am not just speaking out of my butt here, I have 25 years of real world experience with these transmissions and parts

Using cheap slave cylinder is a BAD IDEA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Using cheap slave cylinder is a BAD IDEA
You are right. LUK is a good brand. I appreciate your advice based on experience. But I’ll do the experiment anyway, since it’s happened.

smart!

Just keep an eye on the clutch fluid reservoir, fluid level , check it every oil change

It's good to have a turner as a friend. An adapter is made.
IMG_20201205_152352 (2).jpg

This way I made the female adapter l
IMG_20201210_134243.jpg
onger.
IMG_20201210_141637.jpg

And put it in the clutch slave cylinder
IMG_20201210_141945.jpg

I don't know how rational this solution is. But I had no other choice.

I had a green explorer 1st gen broken down... My mom drove past my house and called me..i swear she freaked out and was all like you own my green explorer....the only explorer I was going to buy she said back in the day green was like 1/10000 or more so she test drove the green one and even told the dealer Forrest green and just walked away regrets ever since till this day shes rich...still missing the green explorer.
The Explorer never came in a color as rare as 1/10000 units.

Back