• Register Today It's free!

Brake Shake

BExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Mirabel, Quebec, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XL 4x4
Need some help in diagnosing my braking problem, because it's driving me crasy. Last year I changed rotors and pads (because warped rotors) with ART. After discovered jammed caliper, replaced both and bled lines. Few weeks after, shaking began, WARPED rotors, I had them turned. Now a couple weeks more, and shaking is comming back. Over all pins where greased more times than I can remember, I can now disasemble rotors and caliper with eyes closed.

So what did I forget, could it be that I didnt scuff the pads after turning rotors. Fluid was clean when I bled the lines? Any other thing I overlooked or should look for, HELP, I can live with motor problem, but not those brake shaking again.

Also the ball joints where done last fall, u-joints a year ago, so it must not be those. I feel the shake most at 20 MPH when braking not too hard?

And last, is it possible that there would be a dead spot at the center of the steering box. Because when I go strait I have to correct trajectory every second. When in a curb, I alomost do not correct and it goes where I want. Is my steering box going to heaven?

I've had the 'repediately warped rotor' symptom on my wife's Malibu and what we discovered is that the lug nuts weren't torqued to the same setting evertime the wheels were rotated. Since then, I've done the rotation myself, and always torque them to 100lbs. That could be the problem with yours, but it's just a guess.

Back