• Register Today It's free!

brakes screwing up subs?!?!?!?

jared ajlouny

Reaction score
City, State
san jose, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4X4
all of a sudden today when i hit the brakes my subs hit! really weird. i have 2 bazooka 10's and a 250rms watt bazzooka amp. anyonw know whats goin on? btw i have had these for over 7 months. i also have a few other problems, when i hit the blinkers the sub hits (very low) with the blinker and it has a rumble when the lights are on. thanks for all your help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Possibility 1) the sub or amp wires were run close to factory wires
2) you have electrical noise in the audio system from the truck
3) the components are crappy and greatly magnify any interference
4) there's a new short somewhere
5) bad ground

i vote for the ground problem...

thanks guys i will regroung it tommarow, will this fix the blinker thump also?

this is bugging me!! i regrounded it and its still doing it. it doesnt do it al the time, it seems to do it more when it is hotter out. how long should the ground wire be? please help me, this is soooooooooooo annoying, thanks

4- Theres a new short somewhere.

I vote for alec's #1, and #3. It is probably caused by your rca wires being close to another wire causing intereference. Did you run your power wire and your rca wire down the same side of the vehicle? That could be part of the cause.

they have to be next to other wires to run them down the door jam thing, or am i suppose to runt hem fifferently?? how did u guys run yours?

Where are you grounding them to?

I ran my power wires down the left side, rca down the right. It does tends to cause all sorts of problems if you run them down the same side. Or atleast thats what i have found and others in this forum.

i drilled a hole in the body behing the rear seat, and sanded all the paint, is that good enough? where did you ground it?
they are not run down the same side

i had the same problem. I got some high quality shielded rca wires and now the problems gone

where did u get them and how much were they?

i think they were monster cables. I got them from my friend who owns a car audio shop. I don't have a clue as to how much they were it was a while ago.

i tryed regrounding them and the same, i tryed 2 different spots, where did eevryone ground theres? and i talked to some shops and they said that the rca cables dont matter what kind they are. i dont know, this is very frustrating

get a noise converter from wal-mart. They are like 7$. it has rca ins and rca outs and usually will take care of the problem. If not it was only 7$

where do you have yours grounded to??? and what does this noise converter connect to?

it doesnt matter where they are grounded, a ground is a ground.
Hope everything works out.

Back