• Register Today It's free!

broken door, how to open ?

MARTY196

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque,New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
okay, on my 4dr x the passengerside rear door will not open. the outside door handle somehow came undone from inside
the door so it just flops around.

the inside door handle seems like the rod is bent cause you can pull the handle but nothing happens.

i took the inside handle off but that does no good i can't get to anything inside the door, and since the door does not open i can't get the panel off to access any of the linkage inside.

so anyone have any ideas how to get the door to open so i can fix this?

with 3 kids in and out of the back seat its a pain with just one door considering the car seat is in the middle.

Hey Marty. Im an expert at this. Either of my back doors open from the inside. You will have to take the panel off from the inside. Its do able. After that you have to reach in the door and hold the rod on the latch while someone outside pulls the handle. If you go wheeling with us Monday i can help you do it. Only takes a few minutes.

jtx,
ya i'll be there monday maybe we can get it open then. thanks see you there

Marty, I had that happen about a month ago to mine except I could open it from the inside. The outer handle just flopped around. Turns out it was about a $2 plastic piece that broke off and is fairly easy to replace. I can bring my door trim removal tools monday when we go wheeling and maybe we can fix it after we finish wheeling.

Back